• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Some practicing today

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Went to the range with my father today and got in some practice for the Father's Day USPSA shoot next weekend:

Dan Wesson 1911 & Glock 19 with XS Big Dots

27358098100_940c79c188_z.jpg

50 rounds Glock 19 medium paced fire (1 shot a second) at 7 yards. Been a while I shot the Glock and I'm pulling to the left a bit. Indication my trigger pull isn't going straight back. Last 10 shots I went for Circles and Squares. Missed a couple

27358102360_4169599071_z.jpg

Glock 19 - 50 rounds 7 yards, strong hand only (a few stages are strong hand only in some portions), medium paced fire (1 shot a second):

27358100850_d3efa719b0_z.jpg

50 rounds 1911 7 yards medium paced fire (1 shot a second). Got cocky and let a few shot slide

27358099510_7bc38ca1db_z.jpg

Glock 19 - 2 shot sequence faster pace trying 2 shots per second 7 - 10 yards varied

27358095960_b374fe5b80_z.jpg

Glock 19 - 2 shot sequence (strong hand only) faster pace trying 2 shots per second 7 yards

27358094580_f90f861c32_z.jpg

Thinking of using the Glock 19 for my first USPSA shoot because of more rounds and there's a texas star in one of the stages (which I've never shot before so I'm gonna need more rounds). Gonna have to put in more trigger presses this week to unscrew the left leaning shots.

Based on the stages the farthest shot is about 10-15 yards so training today was dedicated to 7-10 yards since that's where the majority of my shooting is going to be at.

That's not bad for an accountant. LOL

Nice work out you got goin on and I'm looking forward to how you do next weekend! Also real interested in how you do on the star! You know you got this.

I'm coming down on this course like RAIN!!!

It's a super hero match. I'm sporting my superman holster. Game MF On.

ROs have not given consent for video to be published online if they are in the video for public view.

Pov video is ok.

My video won't be pov.

Last edited:
Water monkey! I'm sorry I missed this. It was very impressive.

I'm sure you've posted the results somewhere...

Water monkey! I'm sorry I missed this. It was very impressive.

I'm sure you've posted the results somewhere...

My Glock 19 broke on my second stage. Shot someone else's glock the rest of the day.

Came in 46/92 overall

Production Division I came in 8/25

Texas star kicked my ass. Could have been close to 5th if I didn't crap the bed on the star and had my own gun.

But it was a good day and spent it with my dad.

What broke on the Glock?

It's a glock. The first thing that's broke is the wrong grip angle for starters.

;)

What broke on the Glock?

The slide stop spring was out of spec. Seemed to be a QC issue once I reviewed it for the Gen 4 G19s. It needed a heavier spring.

It flew out when I racked my gun to clear it for re-holster, the slide stop fell out and my slide fell off my gun.

Purchased a new spring and fixed it in 2 seconds. But it bricked my gun the rest of the day.

The slide stop spring was out of spec. Seemed to be a QC issue once I reviewed it for the Gen 4 G19s. It needed a heavier spring.

It flew out when I racked my gun to clear it for re-holster, the slide stop fell out and my slide fell off my gun.

Purchased a new spring and fixed it in 2 seconds. But it bricked my gun the rest of the day.
Having a G19 as my EDC, that grabbed my attention. Thanks for the info.

It's a glock. The first thing that's broke is the wrong grip angle for starters.

;)

LOL

I wish I could say Glock was the only gun that broke. But I think I've bricked many of my guns at least once.

Shield 9mm barrel chamber is TIGHT and slight out of spec re-loaded ammo bricked my gun with a live round lodged in the chamber.

Dan Wesson 1911 - stainlesss steel galling on the 7th shot and siezed the gun had to return to CZ in NY for repair

Work restricts my websites but look up Gen 4 G19 slide stop springs and replace if you feel uncomfortable.
I'll look it up. Fortunately I'm running one of the bulletproof Gen 3's. ;-D

John, adding the beavertail made a slight difference in grip angle. Its also pretty easy to epoxy fill the void in the grip and sand it down to whatever angle suits you. Or just buy a Sig or M&P. Once I get a few more rounds down the pipe of the P320 I'll start utilizing that one more.

I'll look it up. Fortunately I'm running one of the bulletproof Gen 3's. ;-D

John, adding the beavertail made a slight difference in grip angle. Its also pretty easy to epoxy fill the void in the grip and sand it down to whatever angle suits you. Or just buy a Sig or M&P. Once I get a few more rounds down the pipe of the P320 I'll start utilizing that one more.

P320 is a fantastic shooting gun. I shot my friend's and it was awesome. One big hole at 7 yards with 5 rounds.

Back