• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Soon-To-Be Mossy Owner

Muddeprived

Copper BB
Hi, name's Chris and I'm from Western PA near Pittsburgh. I'm a die hard jeeper who recently fell in love with guns. My buddy bought a 590 last week and I've been looking around to get a Mossberg for myself. I currently own a Rem 1187 hunting gun that I've fired a few times but it's got furniture colors and a loooong barrel. I want something for home defense and can take down zombies. I'm a big-time The Walking Dead fan (my late great-uncle is Bill Hinzman!).

I spotted a Mossberg Special Purpose 500 on Dunhams' site and it's listed at $299. I signed up and got a 20% off coupon BUT if i wait till next month, they will send me a 30% off coupon (FYI, sign up as a new member and they send you a 20% within 3 days and a 30% during your bday month!). So I'm thinking of getting that gun with the discount and then upgrading it to my personal tastes. I'm thinking a tactical adjustable stock, heat shield, flashlight, and maybe another thing or two.

So that's my plan and I figured I'd join this site to interact with other mossy-lovers and learn every single detail about my gun like I do on jeep forums. LOL

Hello. Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your "soon to be" Mossy.
Don't forget the pics once you get it. :D

old mossy said:
Hello. Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your "soon to be" Mossy.
Don't forget the pics once you get it. :D

Oh.....I am realllly good at posting many pictures. :mrgreen:

The Zombie movie genre started in PA.

I have a friend who lived in the town where the original zombie movie was filmed.

One of the places was a Dentist office if memory serves.

Anyway, welcome to Mossberg owners.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to a pic of your new Mossberg once you get it. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

rjpoog1989 said:
Welcome aboard from Johnstown PA!

I wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures of your JEEP!

Sure!

Here's the 2001 Cherokee:

4.5" long arm suspension with Bilstein 5100's, aussie locker, custom snorkel, winch, and 32" retreads.

and the 1999 TJ Wrangler:

Pretty much all stock as I just bought it two years ago except for the Bilstein HD Shocks and tiny mud terrains (recaps as well).

Nice pic of the front end articulation of the Cherokee! That is a sweet looking ride! Makes the Wrangler look pedestrian! :)

Scott M said:
Nice pic of the front end articulation of the Cherokee! That is a sweet looking ride! Makes the Wrangler look pedestrian! :)

LOL yeah thanks. I am SO eager to modify the wrangler but I'm actually doing a good job controlling the urge. Normally I'd pull out the CC and order parts but I'm doing this one right the first time and taking the time to save $$ for the stuff.

I want it to be as capable as my first wrangler:

But no lift this time. Instead, I want modified fender flares to allow bigger tires with zero lift. Better on road ride and fewer modifications needed which saves $$.

But I think it might take a little longer since this gun hobby suddenly appeared.....lol.

Welcome from MI!!

Love the Jeep pics. I'm a huge Jeep fan even though circumstances have me without at the moment. I have an old '85* CJ7 sitting at my cabin but it really isn't too functional any more.

* I call it an '85, it has parts from several different years, LOL.

MikeD said:
Welcome from MI!!

Love the Jeep pics. I'm a huge Jeep fan even though circumstances have me without at the moment. I have an old '85* CJ7 sitting at my cabin but it really isn't too functional any more.

* I call it an '85, it has parts from several different years, LOL.

That's awesome. Any pictures?

I think I'll be getting my gun tomorrow. Saw an ad in the paper today for a Mossberg 500 Persuader, 8 shot, 12 guage on sale for $299. I couldn't find a 8 shot for that price yet so I'm gonna snatch it up tomorrow before the sale ends. It's gonna be a painful purchase because I just had surgery on my foot and on crutches now. LOL

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. BEEP BEEP, Who's got the keys to my Jeep!? Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Back