• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Source for magazine tube assembly?

bani

Anyone know where to purchase a magazine tube assembly? Mossberg store seems to list every part under the sun except a 930 magazine tube.

My 930 has had many years of hard life and the magazine tube is pitted, corroded, scored and scratched to hell and I'm now getting lots of malfunctions I suspect are due to friction of the piston against the rough tube and poor gas piston sealing due to all the gouges and missing tube material. The gun is long out of warranty.

Is the tube stainless? I suspect it's not due to the fact it wants to rust if I even look at it sideways.

The tube from the JM Pro is a good upgrade as it is the Boron Nitride version, rather than blued. Mossberg considers them part of the receiver and don't list it as a separate part. You can usually get it if you call and order it by specific part number:

5861BN MAGTUBE 930/935, BORON-NITRIDE

Let us know if you don't have any luck getting one ordered, we usually have a couple of each type at the shop and haven't had any issues getting them in the past.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

The JM would probably be the best bet, but I ordered a pair of stainless 9200 tubes from Numrich, a couple of years ago. Numrich is generally good, but sometimes you do get parts with dings, so YMMV. I wiped mine down, lightly polished the outside with 1200 grit wet/dry paper and oil, and ran a brake cylinder hone down the inside. Slick inside and out, and nary a problem.:)
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1552980

Rob72, did you buy those 9200 tubes and fit them to a 930? I would be very curious how that turned out.

I purchased the 9200 tubes from Numrich. One of them had light pitting, but surplus parts are always a gamble.

No fitting was required, the receiver and extension threads are standard. I did polish the tubes with a green 3M pad (+/- 300 grit, then 400/600/1500 wet/dry paper.

I do use a small (2 arm) brake cylinder hone to chamfer both receiver and extension openings on the tubes, then polish inside the body.

Economically, the JM Pro boron coated tubes probably makes more sense, but Mossberg factory finishing is always iffy. Eventually, I will probably nitride these and have the best of both worlds(nitride sealed stainless).

I have a SPX but wanted a 930 JM Pro 24” Barrel & 10 round Magazine tube from Mossberg directly and they gave me this part#
Mag ext #102783 $33.20

7d573e38cd1e1c0cd01aec13cb6f2e08.jpg

Back