• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Speechless

Toataly not Mossberg related, but I need a place to vent.

I just got back from a trade show for my company. One of the people that came by and spoke with the owner was from China and wanted to talk to him about producing our machine over seas. This is not the first time I have heard this sales pitch and the owner typicaly shrugs off.

But here is the amazing part. We are a small company, I am the second in command, and I have two below me. He decided today would be a good time to tell the two guys that actually are DOING the assembly for us today he is looking into it because he can pay someone in China $250 a month compared to wages here!

Needless to say I have two VERY upset workers that I don't plan to get much loyalty from going forward.

Time are tough, for everyone…is your boss being greedy or is he just above water ?

It hurts me just reading that......

FWIW, there are many reputable news stories coming out of the US Business world that say Chinese labor costs are skyrocketing and Chinese QC is heading for the crapper, so much so that US manufactureres are deciding to bring production back home.

oli700 said:
Time are tough, for everyone…is your boss being greedy or is he just above water ?

Actually he has a habit or running the place into the ground with all of his fanciful ideas. He has a habit of wanting to invest a ton of money in an idea then ends up spending more to go back to where he was and acts like he made an amazinig discovery in the process. The only reason we are still afloat is because his wife owns the main company that he is attached to. This is just his hobby that is becoming successfull beyond his ability to care.

The issue isn't really him wanting to do more for less, but the fact that he decided the guys would be rosy with the idea that he is thinking about dumping them and going somewhere else and maintain current production as if nothing had happened until he either does it or decides not to.

The feel of the room hit the floor as soon as he said it and I will have a hell of a time keeping things moving with that looming over their heads now.

Your boss will get what he pays for...damn shame for the employees !!

Now that I have had time to cool off, I am still upset that he took the time to tell the guys this the way he did, but it is his own business to do with as he will. I just felt it in very poor taste to tell the guys that they are overpaid and will be replaced if he has his way.

We have butted heads on several occations and I have decided that I am best off looking elsewhere due to many "professional differences". In the meantime I will try and do the "right thing" for my employees while trying to accomplish his business vision.

I am very sorry to hear about it.

Sounds like the faster you get out of dodge the better.

Crap talk like that is what's ruining America. Definitely start looking for another venture. And get out while you can. You could even look for a place that's willing to take you and your crew. Not sure if that's how you roll, but it might be an advantage. That's how me and 2 other guys work. Its kept us us going for for a few years now.

Sorry about all the stress you and your guys are being put under. This is going to make it obvious that I'm a woman, but have faith that you and the others will rise above that poor a**hole who Apparantly has no ethics or manners(or a heart!). It's very poor practice in my opinion for an owner/boss to spill his ideas onto the floor of his employees before anything has been implemented. His thought process should stay to himself and perhaps a business partner. There would have been a time to discuss that properly when he had more information on the direction the business was headed, and even then it would have needed to be said in private, one on one, with each person it would effect.

Stay true to yourself and your peers. It will work out! In the meantime, Mister Boss man should really be hoping he's going to be working with China, because if not, I have a feeling that he'll be stuck with a declining business and have 3 less good employees... And that my friend is called Karma.

China's QC has been in the crapper for a long time. I work for a company that makes machines for the semiconductor business. I've visited many plants in China and they all cut corners! Even the American companies with factories in China cut corners, just not as much as Chinese companies. They make basically 2 grades of semiconductor products: military/aerospace and consumer. I would trust their stuff for consumer grade, but I would not for the high grade military/aerospace. Some of my customers decided they would buy the cheaper Chinese made machines instead of my US made one and they regretted it. Within a few weeks, the Chinese machines caught on fire and burned it to the ground. Those customers were glad to come back and buy my US made machines!

Boss is a real douche it sounds like. Then again i have never had a boss that wasn't.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Back