• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Statutes of limitations?

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Which crimes should not have a statute of limitations?

Any?

So what about the right to ollie-ollie-oxen-free?

If I sneak across a border and remain uncaught for 10 years, does that give me the right to become a legal citizen of the place I invaded?

In other words is there a statute of limitations on this crime?

OR

Is border- jumping a completely different class of crime, which cannot be judged by the same standards?

I assume you're talking about illegal immigration.

When would you start counting for the statute of limitations? As I understand it, it is illegal for them to remain in the country, so it is an ongoing crime. No?

Which crimes should not have a statute of limitations?

Any?

So what about the right to ollie-ollie-oxen-free?

If I sneak across a border and remain uncaught for 10 years, does that give me the right to become a legal citizen of the place I invaded?

In other words is there a statute of limitations on this crime?

OR

Is border- jumping a completely different class of crime, which cannot be judged by the same standards?
Please don't give the left any more ideas lol. I don't think the statute of limitations is in effect since they aren't citizens. I would also argue that they started breaking the law 10 years ago but also broke the law every day that they were here. Thus, they could never get to a point where the statute of limitations would work.

You have very good points about the ongoing crime issue.

There is a whole lot of sentiment here for the "fact" that people who have been here a long time should be treated as Citizens whether they came across the border legally or not; because it's just criminal how hard it is to get across the border legally in the first place.

Many people they feel that they have a right for it to be easier, yet out of the 150+ countries in the world, 30% of our immigrants are from Mexico!

Now say there are only 100 countries that we like: that means that each country should get 1%.

Why should Mexicans get 30% all by themselves?

A lot of people claim that white Americans hate Mexicans but the truth is we must love them a whole lot to let so many more come here than any other country.

More than any other by far!

I think you should have some sort of "amnesty" IF you have assimilated. You should have learned the language of the native country. You should have not been caught for ANY crime. You should not have caused any property damage you didn't pay for. You should have not collected any "freebies" from the government. You should have become a productive member of the country you "invaded" and paid taxes. You should pay any fees a "legal" immigrant would pay. You should forfeit your right to vote FOREVER!

Back