• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock extensions

eradic8r

Copper BB
Good afternoon guys.
I'm looking to extend the stock on my 500 20g synthetic. It's quite short for my long arms so trying to find an extension pad to use with the factory butt pad to give me another 20mm.
Anyone done this? Any advice very welcome.
Kind regards Alan

There are a couple of options here. There are people who will make custom but pads but this is fairly expensive. There are also slip on recoil pads that both reduce recoil and add some LOP. These are pretty economical. Check out limbsaver.com.

That's worth a look, thanks.
I was thinking more of a factory spacer between the stock and the buttpad so it uses the existing drillings. Is there such a thing? It already has a rear sling fitting but I need more LOP

Magpul makes a very nice stock that is fully adjustable for comb height and LOP. I’m not sure if it will fit the 20 gauge though. You can call Magpul and talk to them or maybe someone on this forum knows.

Im not aware of any drop in solutions that will fit between the stock and butpad. These usually require fitting.

Almost every Mossberg compatible 12g stock will fit a Mossberg 20g receiver but you will have a slight overhang as the 20g receiver is slightly narrower. This is minimal and can be easily hidden with a little sanding of the stock if it bothers you.

There are a few pistol grip stocks that are not interchangeable (easily) due to their design and the location of the slide release.

Thanks for all the valuable advice, I'm really glad I joined this forum. It's hard to find it over here and I love Mossys

The easiest solution would be a limb saver

If you want an extension piece between the butt of the stock and the buttpad you could use something like a white "plastic" cutting board which are about 20mm or so thick and make yourself an insert by using the butt stock as a pattern. Probably require longer screws but that's simple. Outward appearance would be just a simple white spacer.

Regards

Back