• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock up !!

You're preaching to the choir.

Though we are not facing an immediate threat to our liberty at the moment, unfortunately we know that we will come under attack again. It's inevitable anymore. And each attack becomes more emboldened and brazen than the last. Eventually they'll be able to ram something illegal through, and it will cease being a war of words and ideals and will become much more.

Now is the time to be buying while you can. If you wait until there is nothing on the shelves, you deserve whatever happens to you.

You're preaching to the choir.

Though we are not facing an immediate threat to our liberty at the moment, unfortunately we know that we will come under attack again. It's inevitable anymore. And each attack becomes more emboldened and brazen than the last. Eventually they'll be able to ram something illegal through, and it will cease being a war of words and ideals and will become much more.

Now is the time to be buying while you can. If you wait until there is nothing on the shelves, you deserve whatever happens to you.

Sorry, just thought I'd make mention....

No apologies necessary my friend.

It's good to remind folks sometimes when it's not as obvious.

lol I've been through the 2013 ammo purge and a NYS SAFE Act ammo purge.

I'm good. Will buy more cause it's cheap and stack em deep.

But I'm shooting more shotgun lately so I need more #8. Paging Walmart....

I'm doin pretty good on factory ammo, I try to replenish with more than I use. If anything I need to stock up on components, get my ass back at the reloading bench.

Think yourselves lucky you can buy as much as you like... here in "Banned-it" country of the Uk, the amount of ammo for each calibre is limited to what they consider you need...
According to my FAC (FireArms Certificate), I can only possess 2000x .22rf, 750x .38/.357, 750x .223, 600x .308 and 500x 7.62x39.

When you buy ammo, it has to be entered on your FAC, and you can't buy more than your allowance.... but of course theres no check that you have used all that you previously had, so it is possible to stockpile more than your allowance... but obviously illegal...and the Police do have the right to do spot checks if they suspect you of anything illegal.

Edit... another thought is that over here, factory ammo is pretty expensive compared to the US, so most people who shoot a reasonable amount reload their own.... and that doesn't get recorded on your FAC...

Last edited:
In California the reloading situation is going to turn similar to England.

According to what I understand, after the first of the year, ammo purchase will require a background check and ~$30 fee for processing, and you will be required to renew that and pay yearly.

At this point I am not certain that they will limit or keep track of how many rounds you purchase, but I don't know if there is any mechanism to prevent that either.

I do know that lots and lots of guys are reloading now in California, and are preparing for this to drag out.

My conversations at the local Rod & Gun store revealed that purchases of powder kegs and all reloading tools and accessories have increased year by year, in approximately direct proportion to California's procedures to making guns illegal.

I learned after the shortage in 2008 and started buying when it became available again. I was well stocked for the post Sandy Hook shortage. Admittedly, I have slowed down, but will pick back up as extra funds allow.

In California the reloading situation is going to turn similar to England.

According to what I understand, after the first of the year, ammo purchase will require a background check and ~$30 fee for processing, and you will be required to renew that and pay yearly.

At this point I am not certain that they will limit or keep track of how many rounds you purchase, but I don't know if there is any mechanism to prevent that either.

I do know that lots and lots of guys are reloading now in California, and are preparing for this to drag out.

My conversations at the local Rod & Gun store revealed that purchases of powder kegs and all reloading tools and accessories have increased year by year, in approximately direct proportion to California's procedures to making guns illegal.

The SAFE Act in NY has a similar provision. It requires all ammo purchases to be logged and background checked. However, the state thought they could use the existing NICS system for the background checks but the Federal Government told them to pound sand. They also still have to create a database program and ability to track ammo and background checks and issue them to "approved" sellers of ammunition (which is local and out of state dealers).

They don't have the budget or the means to do such a task so a MOA was created to stall the provision in the SAFE Act and allow purchases to continue as in the past (which includes being mailed ammo again to your door). Which is what they wanted to stop... ammo to the door. Some companies have taken a stance to not ship to NY. Others will ship to a licensed FFL dealer so you have to show up and pick up the ammo for a small holding fee ($15 per delivery or $0.01 a round depending on dealer). Others have taken the stance to do business as usual.

Problem is, the MOA means dick. It's not legally enforceable so when they do decide to violate the MOA there's no legal standing because the law on the books, is the law on the books.

There was a lawsuit challenging that provision. But since it isn't in effect there's been no proof of hardship no ruling can be made against it.

I'm not sure how our situation varies compared to New York and I expect there will be a last-minute injunction that causes it to stop.

One of the wonderful things about California is that Californians bought about half the guns that were sold to private Americans, during the last 2 years of the Obama Administration.

The gun and ammo biz is spending a lot to keep this Market viable.

Last payday, I bought 5 (50rd) boxes of 22lr.

This check I bought a 40 rd box of 7.62x39.

I tend to stay at or just under $20 ammo allowance per check.

That's very minor in comparison to what a lot of other folks buy, but I'm not stressing over it. That's coming from someone who has stretched those purchases out over a long time. I certainly would never admit online for how long. No need of advertising to the whole world.

I wouldn't take an inventory if I had to. I would either be shocked or shamed by my findings.

Lol, whenever the wife and I talk about the economy, I usually say I should probably stock up, she says how much do you have? My response of course is "not enough" she asks again, how much do you have? And again I say Not enough. This usually goes on for a few minutes, until I know she's thoroughly aggravated. At which point I finally reply with, " I don't know, I havnt taken inventory in awhile".

Back