• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

I call bulls*t on the judge. That's what happens when you have a easily swayed judgein your back pocket...

Should have been more vocal earlier. But they are welcome to the FUAC camp anyday.

It's bs they wouldn't win on that ever. Trying to fight the ammo registration and capricious redefinition of an assault weapon.

How so, WM? If the Sheriffs can so no-go, why not the SP? I know the Sheriffs are elected and the SP leaders are appointed by the pinheads at the top. They could be fired and replaced for failing to comply but what if? just curious...

OhioArcher… the NYSP were the ones charging people upstate for the 7 round mag non-compliance by illegally searching licensed handgun owners.

There's no way the state can justify 7 round limit as it's an arbitrary number that won't past constitutional muster. I believe even the appellate court judge will agree with that.

Trying to strike down the ammo registration law and the re-definition of what constitutes an assault weapon will be the challenge.

I agree with the 7 round limit being arbitrary. It is like they all sat around and said "what is a number that magazines aren't made in?". There are 4's and 5's and 10's and 20's but no 7's...let's pick that.

I think it's very clear that these laws the states are putting in are being written by people with no clue about guns. Youtube is full of their idiotic comments.

From G.O.A. and I hope its accurate:
With the April 15 deadline for gun registration under the SAFE Act fast approaching, estimates indicate over 90 percent of gun owners have yet to comply.
Making matters worse for elected officials--and Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) in particular--is the fact that many law enforcement officers at various levels have openly stated that they will not enforce SAFE Act requirements.
According to BearingArms.com, while the state waits for the "registration of 1 million firearms designated as 'assault weapons' under the NY SAFE Act," leaks believed to be coming from within the New York State Police indicate the number registered to date is "as low as...3,000-5,000 firearms."
This is figure is impossible to verify beyond a shadow of doubt because a provision in the SAFE Act forbids law enforcement from releasing registration figures.
Breitbart News reported that SAFE Act protesters gathered on March 16 and burned "nearly a thousand gun registration forms." And on March 28 we reported that NY State Police decided not to enforce the SAFE Act's 7-round magazine limit.
In January of this year The Oneida Daily Dispatch reported that Assemblyman Bill Nojay (R-Pittsford) suggested that law enforcement is not going to be eager to go after those who refuse to comply: "The rank and file troopers don't want anything to do with it. [And] I don't know of a single sheriff upstate who is going to enforce it."
Nojay continued: "If you don't have the troopers and you don't have the sheriffs, who have you got? You've got Andrew Cuomo pounding on the table in Albany."

You will never know. The Safe act restricts info on gun owners IF you opt out. However the administration has perverted that clause to not release any numbers to hide the fact that gun owners are not complying.

I saw this today. The link contains a good video from a NY NBC (hard to believe) affiliate. It basically says they banned cosmetic features. The anti gunner quoted below then makes these idiotic quotes to show how little she knows. Apparently Adam Lanza was more effective because he had a pistol grip instead of a stock. How can an anti gunner have a name liker Gunn-Barrett?

"The legal gun looks a lot like the illegal gun," said Leah Gunn Barrett, the executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence. "Does that make this law essentially cosmetic? No. These features all have specific functions."
For example, Gunn Barrett said a forward-leaning pistol grip might give a mass shooter better control over his rifle.
"The gun is still lethal,” Gunn Barrett said. “Yes, it can still kill people. But it is not as easy to manipulate and fire accurately than it would be if you had a forward-leaning pistol grip."

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/05/...ifles-only-look-different-after-the-safe-act/

I hate the way they call it "gun violence" as if the gun jumped up itself started firing. You will never hear it called criminal violence. Another pet peeve is when they add suicides with he murders to get a higher "body count". I have never heard a response that the murder rate has been cut in half ove the last 20 years while the number of guns has doubled. I can't stand moronic anti gunners and their "common sense" gun law ideas.

Last edited:
Back