• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Storm Lake XD40 to 9mm conversion barrel

The barrel arrived today. I am very impressed.

I checked it with a lyman digital caliper, and it was within .002 every imaginable way I measured it.

Other than being stainless, there were a few other notable differences. The most noticable to me was the left hand twist when I looked down the bore, rather than all my other barrels which are a right hand twist. Also, the lands in the factory 40 barrel seem to be a little deeper than the SL conversion barrel.

There was also one cut on the top front of the barrel that was a noticably deeper cut, but I don't think that will detract from anything in any way.

I hand chambered 4 dummy rounds multiple times. The last one always seemed to be a lot more lazy to eject (from a lack of better term).

Since I may have a few free minutes to shoot later this evening, I may be able to give a quick range report covering function and groups.

I can only give it two thumbs up.

I only had a short time before dark, so I only got to run one magazine through it.

I had one fail to eject where the case stopped the slide from closing fully on the next round. But I can live with that.

The barrel is more accurate than I am and fit very well.

Yep. I'm satisfied with the product.

Just for reference, the center bullseye was just traced from a solo cup and the outer ring was a styrofoam plate that I traced.

I usually suck shooting with a pistol, but this barrel makes me look good :)

Yeah, I'll take any advantage I can get

Back