• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Surefire for end light....I need an action tube.. Which one?

Bean

.22LR
Hello everyone.

I would like to instal the,Surefire dsf500 on my shotgun.

However, my shotgun has the one piece fore end/ tube assembly.

I already know I need,to buy either the Mossberg replacements, or the pro mag tube.

I know both the,short and long will fit, but I am wondering what the advantages or disadvantages of buying the short or long one.

I am leaning towards,the longer,tube as most aftermarket fore ends are made for it, should I ever,decide to,ditch the,dsf500.

Brown wells is back ordered on the mossy factory tubes, but the pro mag is in stock. But the pro mag has,some bad reviews.

Should I,stay clear of pro mag?

So, shorter,tube, or long one, what,say you?

Thanks in advance

I'd go with the long action tube if at all possible. Buying the short will also require the extension nut from Hogue Grips or elsewhere if there's another party that makes them. However, there have been a few fit issues with some forends.

I would check
havlinsales.com
for the action tube and would stick to OFM factory if you're able.

Thanks for that link! Never knew about that place.

I'm definitely looking at the longer tube. Just thought I'd ask in case there was something I overlooked.

Hmmm, Havlin ships to US only.

The is under 100 bucks, so no export permits required.

Have any Canadians on these,forums ordered from them?

Good work on that LES, I had made an assumption without doing any digging. Good looking out.

Back