• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

survival kit for mossberg tactical 22

Hi there, i have just made a survival kit that fits in the hollow butt tube on the tactical 22, i posted the pics etc in the tactical 22 accessories section with pics, and was told it might be of intrest to people on this forum, i didnt re post here as i didnt want to clog up 2 forums with duplicate posts, cheers Dave

colonelchimp said:
Hi there, i have just made a survival kit that fits in the hollow butt tube on the tactical 22, i posted the pics etc in the tactical 22 accessories section with pics, and was told it might be of intrest to people on this forum, i didnt re post here as i didnt want to clog up 2 forums with duplicate posts, cheers Dave

Why not its just the internet, I would post it here, Since you already have a spot reserved.
I would like to see it.

VitSports6 said:
colonelchimp said:

Why not its just the internet, I would post it here, Since you already have a spot reserved.
I would like to see it.

ok then, heres the write up,

Hi there, well i just took some pics, i'll tell ya, i am not going to show the contents of the tube for fear of never getting them packed in as tight again, theres not much room in the tube and i packed it a few dfferent times before it fitted in, and i am now too chicken to try again heheh, but the list is this,
small ferro rod, .....small sewing kit, ......cotton wool, (which takes up the first inch or so and acts as a plug for that end) ......brass snare wire about 10 feet, .......fishing line about 20 feet (wound round the snare wire to make a nice compact packet,) .........trapped under the fishing line are some small fishing weights small swivels and hooks, all on a piece of electrical tape so they dont fall get lost,...... the tube itself was tricky because it had to be small enough diameter to fit inside the butt, but not with thick walls which would rob me of space for stuff, plus the inside either tapers or has irregularity in the mould after the initial step, because a tube that fits in the end 1/2 inch, wont go any further in, so in the end i used some of the plastic sleeve for covering pipework, it is a tube but split so it can be squeezed to any diameter so this was ideal, thin walls but strong enough for the job, like i said before i wrapped the outside with more electrical tape, A to hold the shape, B to give it strength and hide the white, but also C electrical tape is very useful stuff too, then to seal off the tube i fitted a small button compass (liquid filled) in the end as a cap, and wound electrical tape round the end to for a cap to make a good fit in the end of the butt, and also hold the compass in place, then the whole thing is stuffed in the stock for a nice firm push fit, the compass can be seen at any time, by just pulling the rubber butt cover off , which also protects the compass from getting smashed, easy with the single point tactical type sling i made which offers the rifle " butt up" when you let go leaving both hands free, in the small pistol magazine pouch on the side of the butt is a folding knife (very sharp) a jet flame lighter very hot and windproof, and a loaded 10 round magazine as emergency ammo, and that is all now an integral part of the rifle so i never have to worry about starting a fire, finding food with the snare and fishing line etc, making some kind of shelter, running repairs or running out of ammo if lose my pack, i have put some pics, below, like i said they are not very intresting but they show what i did hope you like it cheers, Dave
DSCF1710.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

DSCF1717.jpg

DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1721.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

You sir, have inspired me! I will see what I can do with a marlin 795. What exactly did you put in your survival kit? :)

colonelchimp said:
... but the list is this,
small ferro rod, .....small sewing kit, ......cotton wool, (which takes up the first inch or so and acts as a plug for that end) ......brass snare wire about 10 feet, .......fishing line about 20 feet (wound round the snare wire to make a nice compact packet,) .........trapped under the fishing line are some small fishing weights small swivels and hooks, all on a piece of electrical tape so they dont fall get lost, ...

J.L. said:
You sir, have inspired me! I will see what I can do with a marlin 795. What exactly did you put in your survival kit? :)

WOW :shock: dont think i ever inspired anyone so thats nice, thanks ,sn3ky for the info quote,

Back