• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Swapping 590 parts

Is it possible to swap out the 500 barrel and mag tube and put a 590 barrel and mag tube in its place or is it slightly different and can't be done

Just as OM said its an easy swap. I even use 500 barrels on my 835 just by swapping the mag tube.

For anyone reading this and wondering, no you cannot utilize the 3.5" capability of the 835 when doing this, you are restricted to the limitations of the specific barrel you swap.

Its part of the genius of the mossberg design. Cuts cost at their end and increases utility on ours!

I do not have a 590a1 but my understanding is that it will still fit.

I called mossberg and the lady said the recevers are different so the 590 stuff wouldn't work. Then why would someone from the same place threw email said it would work. That makes no sense at all

Most 500 and 590 parts are interchangeable. Almost all parts are usually labeled for 500/590. 590a1 is just milspec so supposedly it has a metal trigger guard, metal safety, and a heavier barrel.

I called mossberg and the lady said the recevers are different so the 590 stuff wouldn't work. Then why would someone from the same place threw email said it would work. That makes no sense at all

You need to understand all Mossberg workers are NOT experts. More than likely when you called the person looked it up on the putter and saw two different part numbers. Also for Mossberg comes a legal beagle bull chit.

Back