• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Swivel sling mount.

Wyvern

.22LR
Hi all,I'm new to the forum and have recently become the owner of a 500 Flex ,,
I am looking to fit a sling and was wondering if anyone has fitted an Uncle Mikes Tactical QD Magazine Cap Super Swivel set.If so what is the quality like ?.The only other mount I was looking at was a clamp type fitting from Magpul.Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi all,I'm new to the forum and have recently become the owner of a 500 Flex ,,
I am looking to fit a sling and was wondering if anyone has fitted an Uncle Mikes Tactical QD Magazine Cap Super Swivel set.If so what is the quality like ?.The only other mount I was looking at was a clamp type fitting from Magpul.Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum.

I have a set of them and like them. They're made of metal and lock up securely. I have one on the end cap of one of my 590s and have never had a problem with it.

The downside to the end cap sling mount is that the shotgun tends to flip upside down if you have the gun at a low-ready and let it go to do anything with your hands.

If a sling is attached to a side mount on both front and back, it's less likely to flip over if you go hands-off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info,Sounds like it will be fine for my intended use which is basically to carry it on my shoulder for short distances

Back