• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Swivel Studs...

I'm trying to buy a set of swivel studs to fit a 500C. I was on the phone for several attempts yesterday but couldn't get thru to Mossberg or Havelin Sales. Does anyone know if big box stores would carry what I need? TIA. tom.

Yup,

Wally World usually carries either Uncle Mike's or Winchester brand sling swivels and studs...

Thanks guys. I have some Walmart studs but the machine thread stud is a shoulder bolt ie the threads do not got all the way to the stud head.tom.

walmart should have both types. any gun shop should have them also.
is this what you need?

Attachments

• YHM-262-2T.jpg
    YHM-262-2T.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 299
not know how much shoulder you have on the stud,you could always use a small lock washer.

Well I own a dremel and am pretty handy with it, I could grind off what I don't need! But thank you for the answer, now I can get a good sling without spending mad cash on a specialized one! Maybe even make my own Paracord sling :D

old mossy said:
is this what you need?

Yes, that is what I need. The shoulder bolt one has a space about 1/4" long that could be threaded if someone had the correct die. Then it could be cut to length so it doesn't bottom out. I'd do that myself if I had the die since there are no gunsmiths around here that are open when I'm off work. Thanks. tom.

deputy tom said:
old mossy said:
is this what you need?

Yes, that is what I need. The shoulder bolt one has a space about 1/4" long that could be threaded if someone had the correct die. Then it could be cut to length so it doesn't bottom out. I'd do that myself if I had the die since there are no gunsmiths around here that are open when I'm off work. Thanks. tom.

let me ask you ,where is this swivel stud going,,,,in the mag end cap or receiver?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/210892 ... -590-gloss

deputy tom said:
The takedown screw is tapped in the center of the head. That is where the stud must screw into. yom.

use the one from midway.

deputy tom said:
They are out of stock. I'll have to wait I guess. tom. :(

Tom,did you try mossberg? also look on amazon. they should be around.
good luck.

old mossy said:
deputy tom said:
They are out of stock. I'll have to wait I guess. tom. :(

Tom,did you try mossberg? also look on amazon. they should be around.
good luck.

I asked if they had a bbl but it was back-ordered four months. Then a while later I tried for several hours to ask about the stud but couldn't get thru. They must be very busy lately. tom.

Back