• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tactical handguard removal

22jdub

Copper BB
Looking for some help with this. It doesn't look like a typical barrel nut, I can't see how to turn it without turning the whole guard and messing up the gas tube.

If I remember correctly, the handguard threads onto the barrel nut.

If you can hold the barrel nut in place the entire handguard should unscrew from the nut without interfering with the gas tube...

Remove the 3 allen screws that hold the handguard/rail in place. DO NOT unscrew the handguard/rail from the receiver, you will destroy the gas tube and possibly the gas block and/or handguard!

Last edited:
What a stupid move by Mossberg to convolute something like that.

They must have gotten those handguards and that design from the lowest bidder for sure.

The gas block should be removed and slid off the barrel, then do whatever you need to, to remove the allen screws and unscrew the handguard.

Thanks for the detailed photos KT Wolfie.

PS, Katy Wolfe is my best friends daughters name.

I agree John A. about the mounting of the handguard, it makes me wonder if the three screws (10-32) will be able to handle the abuse of several accessories, especially a bi-pod mounted at the front of a non-supported mount? Time will tell.

Back