• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Talon forearm install with Heavy barrel

not enuff

.22LR
Got my forearm installed and realized a little bit of binding when pulled back to rack. A set of the back ribs, used to structural support of the forearm or maybe just looks or possibly as cooling if you pump it fast enough :rolleyes:, was making contact with my barrel.
IMG_1533.jpg

You can see below where the contact was being made on the forearm. Viewable on the far right rib on both sides of the forearm.
IMG_1534.jpg

Got out the dremel type tool and made the fix and cleaned up the edges with a box knife.
IMG_1535.jpg

When I was doing this, and you can see it in the above photo, there is a nice raised rectangle down the length of where the action tube sits. It sure would be nice if there was a metal plate embedded in there that could be used as a nut plate for bolting add-ons to the forearm such as a 3" Weaver or something of the sort to attach a grip to. A full Weaver surely turn your pump hand into hamburger. I'm sure with a little "shaving", a portion of the raised area could be replaced with a metal plate, tapped, and a person could mount a foreward grip with flushed machine screws - maybe when I'm snowed in someday this winter.

Anyways, if you happen to notice that the Action gets a little tight with your Talon forearm, this might be a solution for you.

Nicely done, thanks for the post.

This has been a common issue with several aftermarket forends when paired with the heavy barrels...

Back