• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Welcome Dylan2K.

I remember when Frazetta died, they did quite a spread of his work in Omni magazine. He was a master of fantasy illustration.

He did lots of covers for science fiction paperbacks which I read as a kid.

I would really appreciate that. By the way, I share the ignominious distinction of being born in Connecticut. Only live there for the first 3 months of my life though. Much warmer down here...

All set...

I was born in Manchester. Grew up there...moved to California for a decade or so, then came back. Honestly, I should have went to the southern parts of this country....

I'm not familiar with the book covers, but I'll google them now. I have a Frazetta slideshow in Windows 10 (on of many) and would love to add to it. By the way I'm working on a presentation in Apache which seeks to show the need for, the enjoyment of and the right to bear firearms. It's multi-racial, perhaps a bit heavy on Chris Kyle (my hero), supports the NRA, especially supports veterans and the US Military and American firearms manufacturers. There is also a heavy emphasis on family, tradition, our founding fathers, etc. I could go on but will spare you. Anyway, when it's complete, I'd like to send you a copy since you run this board and therefore must be a second amendment supporter. You needn't download Apache Office Suite (even though it's open-source) if you have Microsoft Office. It's a simple double-click affair once I finish the thing. Anyway, let me know if you or anyone on this board, would like me to email a copy or if there is a way (and permission) to post it on this forum.

I'm not familiar with the book covers, but I'll google them now. I have a Frazetta slideshow in Windows 10 (on of many) and would love to add to it. By the way I'm working on a presentation in Apache which seeks to show the need for, the enjoyment of and the right to bear firearms. It's multi-racial, perhaps a bit heavy on Chris Kyle (my hero), supports the NRA, especially supports veterans and the US Military and American firearms manufacturers. There is also a heavy emphasis on family, tradition, our founding fathers, etc. I could go on but will spare you. Anyway, when it's complete, I'd like to send you a copy since you run this board and therefore must be a second amendment supporter. You needn't download Apache Office Suite (even though it's open-source) if you have Microsoft Office. It's a simple double-click affair once I finish the thing. Anyway, let me know if you or anyone on this board, would like me to email a copy or if there is a way (and permission) to post it on this forum.

Sounds good. If you would like to post it, here's a good spot....

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?forums/work-safe.43/

And I'll make it a sticky for a lil while...

Thanks!

All set...

I was born in Manchester. Grew up there...moved to California for a decade or so, then came back. Honestly, I should have went to the southern parts of this country....
Thanks much! I thanked the wrong person but politeness is always appreciated even if misplaced. Not familiar with Manchester, we lived in Windsor Locks but I was born in Hartford Memorial Hospital on Halloween 1967. The longest baby (at the time) in the history of the hospital at 23.5" We then moved to New York (!), Texas, California (for about 6 months), New Mexico and a few others I can't recall off hand. My father was an itinerant disc jockey by trade. Itinerant because he seemed to rub station managers the wrong way. Finally at the ripe old age of 4 I was moved to Florida where my family has stayed since. I've tried a few other places, nice places - Colorado, Arizona, etc. but keep coming back. I'm just a Floridian I guess.
My brother lives in California. I have no idea how he can stand it. Second amendment issues aside, it's just too wacky for my taste but he swears by it.

Thanks much! I thanked the wrong person but politeness is always appreciated even if misplaced. Not familiar with Manchester, we lived in Windsor Locks but I was born in Hartford Memorial Hospital on Halloween 1967. The longest baby (at the time) in the history of the hospital at 23.5" We then moved to New York (!), Texas, California (for about 6 months), New Mexico and a few others I can't recall off hand. My father was an itinerant disc jockey by trade. Itinerant because he seemed to rub station managers the wrong way. Finally at the ripe old age of 4 I was moved to Florida where my family has stayed since. I've tried a few other places, nice places - Colorado, Arizona, etc. but keep coming back. I'm just a Floridian I guess.
My brother lives in California. I have no idea how he can stand it. Second amendment issues aside, it's just too wacky for my taste but he swears by it.

Thats too funny.
A few similarities...
I was born on Thanksgiving in 1967.
I was a disc jockey in California.
I have relatives in Colorado, Arizona and Florida....ok ok...Im reaally reaching now. Lol

Thats too funny.
A few similarities...
I was born on Thanksgiving in 1967.
I was a disc jockey in California.
I have relatives in Colorado, Arizona and Florida....ok ok...Im reaally reaching now. Lol
WOW! Small world. I like our gun laws a lot better than my brother's but I have a sinking feeling he voted for "that lady" anyway. That's alright. Free country. Just leaves the rest of us to protect them (if possible.) If I could take the cold I probably would've move to Montana which is one of the other places I've lived over the years. Seems to be closest to the America we all dream about - except I was subjected to 242 inches of snow in my first winter there!

Well it's always entertaining here, I will say that.

If you listen to a recording of Occupation: Fool* and think about where we have come as a society, you'll perhaps realize that the easier things are for human beings the more we look for entertainment.

* (". . . the King was bored one day, and he said, 'Ah what the hell . . . bring out the fool' . . .")

Welcome Dylan2K.

I remember when Frazetta died, they did quite a spread of his work in Omni magazine. He was a master of fantasy illustration.

He did lots of covers for science fiction paperbacks which I read as a kid.

Years ago I read Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer series......

Well it's always entertaining here, I will say that.

If you listen to a recording of Occupation: Fool* and think about where we have come as a society, you'll perhaps realize that the easier things are for human beings the more we look for entertainment.

* (". . . the King was bored one day, and he said, 'Ah what the hell . . . bring out the fool' . . .")
That's gospel, my friend. I saw the San Andreas fault was acting up the other day... Just sayin'

That's gospel, my friend. I saw the San Andreas fault was acting up the other day... Just sayin'

It would be an unusual day when there was not some activity along that fault. It's just not always notable but it's always happening.

The San Andreas fault and my house both sit on opposite sides of an ancient sea bed. Fossils are easy to find here because the stone never really Consolidated to a huge depth.

(We have a state dinosaur and it was first dug up from very near here.)

Anyhow I am way on the safe side of the fault you see, which is the majority of California, and on the bad side of the fault is the little sliver of expensive Coastal property which will slowly disappear towards Alaska (and perhaps towards the bottom of the sea as well depending on how the continents decide to move.)

Last edited:
My avatar honors my dad's B25 squadron from WWII as does my user name. The avatar is actually a scan of one of his leather squadron insignia patches he wore in combat on his flight jacket. The 490th Bombardment Squadron of the 341st Bombardment Group was called The Burma Bridge Busters. He was, and still is despite his passing, my hero and role model.

Komodoj= Used to work at Miami’s Metro zoo in south Fl as a youngster. My position was with the Komodo dragons. I was nickednamed over the years as komodoj. J standing for my first initial of my last name?

I think you may be able to lay claim to being the only dragon wrangler on this forum.
images

Well my screen name should speak for itself but my avatar reflects on my 22 years service in
the US Navy and the fact I reached the highest Enlisted Rank (E9 - Master Chief) before finally
retiring after we wrapped up Operations in the Persian Gulf during Desert Shield & Desert Storm.

Back