• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Uh, screen name: Klystron : means a drift tube that bunches electrons as they travel, not unlike a gun barrel. Used to be a RADAR tech. While joining the Physics Forum (PF), "magnetron" was already taken, so I chose a different amplitron tube: a klystron.

Haven't been able to insert avatar yet but it'll probably be a USAF TAC (tactical air command) patch pic. Thanks.

Have not heard the word Klystron in over 24 years. I too was a Radar Tech in the Navy and we used one for one of three transmitters in my Missile Guidance system. That Klystron would generate a little over 150 Megawatts {pulsed} for tracking and we used a Magnetron that only spit out 5 Megawatts but was a Continuous Wave, used for Guidance. Great for cooking chickens and fish in front of the radome. :lol:

The Klystron looked kinda like this picture and stood nearly 6' tall.

klystron.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, PCott... Glad to have you with us. I like your artwork. Pretty darn good.

I have been having problems making up my mind what avatar to use and I think this Far Side cartoon is about the best way for me to describe myself. No more dogbone. I'm just an old fart trying to finish the race standin up. I think the caption got rubbed out. This caption reads "The 100 meter Mosey."

Canadian eh. Beer swilling father of two teen boys. So proud of possibly the worlds lowest scoring 4x4 white tail ever. Didn’t make 120

Owner of both Mossberg handgun and Lever action.

I live in a town called Troy. The teams and people are known as Trojans.

The photo shows what I grew up knowing a Trojan to be.
troj.jpg

Thus the name Troyite.

The Avatar is from a Children's Hospital showing unity.

I will protect Children, but I believe in Unity among all firearm owners.

I found this site by searching and and happy to meet and belong to a group with all of you

Blues Musician and vintage tube amp guy.
fifteen years as a Bail Agent and a couple as a Sheriff's Deputy.
Classic Monsters from universal like Franky in my avitar go well with Blues Rock too !

1bdvet is my license plate on my Corvette, I use it on all my forum, and people that know me has retired military members saying your bad veteran, not knowing I drive bad ass Corvette.

Welcome to the forum 1bdvet. I've been a fan of Corvettes since my high school days.
Welcome to the forum 1bdvet. I've been a fan of Corvettes since my high school days.

I also had love of Corvettes ever since I saw Route 66, and then saw my first C2 1964 I always wanted one, and in 1968 I bought 1967 427 435 HP C2 Convertible. I had to get a second job, to pay for the insurance in Calif, so I sold it. The I bought another Corvette C4, kept it for 24 years, and sold it for my present C6, and according to my wife when the new C8 Convertible comes out 2021, I am suppose to buy one, WHAT A WIFE!

Living the Dream
Save The Wave

My screen name is more of who I am rather than what I shoot. I'm one of those prepper/ survivalist who just wants to be ready for what life throws at me.

My screen name "Centuriator" was the name applied to the Lutherans in Magdeburg, German working on what was the first scholarly history of the world, the "Magdeburg Centuries" and those working on them were known as the "CENTURIATORS" ... the avatar, a Roman Centurion, in charge of 100 men. Century=100.

Screen name is "XLntShot" short for Excellent Shot. My guns shoot better than I do, so they get all the credit.
My Texas avatar is a picture of a gift my Dad made out of reclaimed cedar and trimmed with barbed wire.
I'm a happy owner of a 590a1 Magpul Series 9 shot.

@XLntShot : Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
I love the woodwork. That is a nice piece.
If you get a chance, drop some pix of your guns. Make us drool. :sniper:

index.php

Hello everyone. Ok here we go... my avatar is a postage stamp from 1940 that shows an anti-aircraft gun, and supports Army and Navy. My dad served in the Army for a time, I collect stamps, and this is a gun forum, so it covers all the bases :)

My forum name just came to me as I was asked to provide one. I had ribeye steak for dinner that night and just bought a Mossberg 590 A1 tri-rail last week. So that’s what came out of my head!

Looking over some of the posts on this forum I feel lucky I found you all. I’ve done more than a fair amount of shooting in my life, but this is the first gun I’ve owned myself.

wishing you all a great day!

Last edited:
Back