• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The ‘Nice Girl’ Who Saved the Second Amendment

Pawpaw

.30-06
Supporter
https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2018/03/29/the-nice-girl-who-saved-the-second-amendment/

For Heller, thank the scholarship of Joyce Lee Malcolm

Arlington, Va.–
In the hoursafter February’s school massacre in Parkland, Fla., Joyce Lee Malcolm watched the response with growing annoyance:

“Everybody seemed to leap upon it, looking for a political benefit, rather than allowing for a cooling-off period.” As a historian, Malcolm prefers to take the long view. As a leading scholar of the Second Amendment, however, she is also expected to have snap opinions on gun rights, and in fact she often has engaged in the news-driven debates about violence and firearms. “Something deep inside of me says that people never should be victims,” she says. “And they never should be put in the position of being disarmed by their government.”

If you do nothing else today, read this article.

I got lots to do today...I read it anyway. Great article!

I’ve had a few of those “conversations” about British Common Law, which is more than just the foundation of the Canadian system; And you get some pretty funny looks and sounds like “huh”???

I’ve had people try to argue that it’s an invalid argument. I tell them it’s only invalidated because we allowed to become that way, because the courts refuse to acknowledge its existence.

Back