• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Federalist Papers... Your guide to the Constituion

aksavanaman

Work In Progress...
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
constitution.jpg

Wiki said:
The Federalist Papers are a series of 85 articles or essays written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay promoting the ratification of the United States Constitution. Seventy-seven of the essays were published serially in The Independent Journal and The New York Packet between October of 1787 and August 1788. A compilation of these and eight others, called The Federalist; or, The New Constitution, was published in two volumes in 1788 by J. and A. McLean

In an attempt to further my own understanding of the true meaning of our Constitution and how it was (and should be) interpreted by the people of this nation, I will start posting a link to a couple Federalist papers ever few days. Since there's 85 in all, and the demand for our understanding has never been more pertinent, I think it's important to take a few minutes a day (if you have them) to read what our founding fathers had intended this Country to be.

Another side affect of actually understanding the document [Constitution/Bill of rights] will be the re-education of those who "might not understand" i.e. Cool-Aid drinker, but also includes our young folks and children as well. Feel free to post your thoughts, interpretations, favourite passages/quotes on each of the papers I post.

Here's a link to the first couple:

General Introduction by Alexander Hamilton
Concerning Dangers from Foreign Force and Influence by John Jay

Re: The Fedarlist Papers... Your guide to the Constituion

Alexander Hamilton said:
In the course of the preceding observations, I have had an eye, my fellow-citizens, to putting you upon your guard against all attempts, from whatever quarter, to influence your decision in a matter of the utmost moment to your welfare, by any impressions other than those which may result from the evidence of truth.

Pretty much saw the oppiste come from someone last night.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Thanks for posting these up AK...

No problem LES! It's a bit of reading to get through early in the morning (or whenever, lol) especially without coffee :lol: . But I've never read them and I'd like to comment on the subject if it ever comes up.

Thanks AK for putting this up and good for you to further educate yourself on these papers. If only the politicians would read them.

BryanForbes said:
Be sure to read the Anti-Federalist Papers as well. Madison and Hamilton were not keen on states rights and the Anti-Federalists were. The ideas in both sets of papers helped shape our nation. In fact, some of the weaknesses in the Constitution pointed out by the Anti-Federalist papers were fixed by the adoption of the Bill of Rights.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/anti-federalist-papers

Thanks for posting that link Bryan. I say once we get through these, we can start with the Anti-Federalists as well!

Nice...I have been reading these on my lunch break....Thanx!

No worries, they do get a bit winded and lengthy... I've had to come back to once or twice to fully understand the text (makes me feel like an idiot though :( )

Back