• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Georgia Trial of Trump

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I don’t know how many of you are following the Fani Willis case, but I understand this morning that she is going to tender her resignation.

She is the district attorney of Fulton County, and thus Atlanta Georgia, where they have charged Donald Trump and 18 of his associates with racketeering etc.

She took federal grant money for something else, to fund this prosecution, and one of the attorneys she hired as special prosecutor was her boyfriend. Then she paid her boyfriend an outrageous amount of money to . . . Ummm . . . “do it.”

The judge in the case has given them the silk glove treatment so far but the boyfriend (Nathan Wade) has stepped down from the case in shame. Evidently Fani Willis is preparing to do the same.

I do not yet understand if it is just her resignation from prosecuting the former Trump administration, or whether she is resigning her position as district attorney.

I did not expect this, however there were previous bar complaints made about her, months ago. This new round has put her in jeopardy of felony prosecution from the senators of Georgia and of the United States. Fani and Nathan both lied under oath to the judge. It is pretty clear that they were running a scam, charging ridiculous hours to this case, and spending the money in the Bahamas and the wine country.

Neither one of them could come up with a good accounting of their hours, money spent and received, the timelines of their behavior, or much of anything else.

IMO She stands about a 50% chance of going to jail right now.

If it wasn’t Atlanta Georgia I would say 100% but we shall see.

She will be lucky if they let her resign and slink away to Puerto Rico to live out the rest of her life on whatever stolen money she managed to squirrel away in the Bahamas.

Her and her boyfriend made off with almost $1 million between the two of them (that we know about) in this matter. That is not going to go unnoticed.

At first I had thought this to be yet another Trump-hating kangaroo court event. [dating myself with that term ] But the depth of the criminal manipulation and outright theft / misappropriation of funds has me shaking my head. Talk about protected classes. I hope that she and her cohorts in this debacle all get time in the hoosegow. [another ancient term :)]

Hmmm, new news to me. :) Last I heard, the judge (#faniscuck) "suggested" one of them leave the case and that was it...

The Honorable Nathan Wade has resigned, and now is looking at disbarment. Fani has not officially resigned.

I think the bar is holding it’s breath on Fani, until the Georgia Senate speaks, and they might wait for the US Senate to go first.

That probably won’t happen for another week minimum IMO. Lord knows I’ve been wrong before.

It was amazing to watch Fani Willis purposely slip into heavy ghetto jargon during the trial.

IMO It was an effort to humiliate the opposition, by throwing her blackness in his face. It was her almost saying she could/would drum up a healthy race riot or worse, over her massive (and historically mandated) indignation.

She has no problem commanding the language of the modern judicial system in a reasonably competent manner, but instead she chooses to use vulgar language in a threatening manner.

She didn’t curse. She was just very ghetto, for a short time, to land her message on the viewing public.

I have a good friend that lived in the Atlanta area about 10 years ago, and he said that he never went to the gas station without a side arm. He just moved back to GA; to a town somewhat west of Athens. He avoids Atlanta proper like the plague. He said it's so much worse than a decade ago.

It is like that here, if I drive across the county 25 miles to the southwest, to the other side of Fresno. It’s like the murder capital of the San Joaquin.

In 1989 I worked at a big welding shop out that way, at the intersection of a state highway 180 and Martin Luther King Blvd. o m g it was just over the tracks from black hooker land.

I never once drove my nice car down there.

Back