• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Judge

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
An honest real world opinion. I have had this pistol about 5 yrs i think. I always wanted one it intriqued me.
My initial observation was well built and pretty dang heavy. Def not a carry piece for me. Shooting it well pretty much what youd expect from a 2.5 inch shotgun Get Close. I tried various buckshot and birdshoot to incude the fancy flysaucers with balls and whistles and whatever kinda underwhelmed. I think its cool but kinda novelty ish. I did load it with buckshot and give it a post in the magazine pouch on side of my lazyboy recliner. I have used it to dispatch a copperhead with some #6 and it did fine but so would a shovel. Anyhow i was talking with guy at range he had a Governer and was shooting these 000 buck handgun loads from federal better results than any id tried so i got some at wally world. Here is the real world results. My recliner is exactly 20 feet from front door. So that was the range to be tested. Not bad 3 36caliber rounds in mid torso and one stray but still solid hit. Im pretty sure it would convey my message of gtf out. I fired a second at half distance of 10' to simulate the werent good listeners and kept coming that shot was pretty convincing. So two trigger pulls 8 rounds in torso not bad for a in house recliner gun. I think il keep it right were it is. If i were to do over id probably opt for 6inch barrel.20170518_144734.jpg 20170518_145138.jpg 20170518_145217.jpg 20170518_145334.jpg 20170518_145643.jpg
Ps ive not tried 45lc in it doesnt interest me not why i purchased. If i want the 45lc i have something else for that but its single action.

Last edited:
I would like it better if it didn't have rifling. I guess it would be an NFA item then, though. Take care. Tom Worthington

Yes id be curious to see what effect the rifleing vs smoothbore is. While i obviously dont have a smoothbore pistol. Here is same cartridge out of a single shot 410 24" barrel full choke same distance 20'. As expected much tighter so probably not bad choice in one of those lil bantam pump 410s for someone with recoil issues or handgun aversions. While 36caliber is not huge by todays standard it worked pretty well for wild bill hickok and i wouldnt want him poping 4 in my chest.
20170518_163729.jpg

Back