• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The new look of Assault Weapons

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Here's the new face of some new assault weapons. As this is written:

All semiautomatic rifles and handguns that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

photo_60.jpg

the Model 60 continues to be one of America´s best-selling rifles.

indexHeader.jpg

Ruger has sold millions of 10/22 rifles since their introduction in 1964.

All Thompson rifles

mz-landing-encore.jpg

Thompson Encore

---------------------------------------------

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm

Walther_P22_Corrected.jpg

By design, the 22LR Smith and Wesson/Walther P22 will be an assault weapon because it has a threaded barrel from the factory that has a lip that prevents the slide from coming off inadvertently and accepts a magazine.

---------------------------------------------

All semiautomatic shotguns that have a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; pistol grip; fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds; ability to accept a detachable magazine; forward grip; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; or shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

IMG_3167.jpg

Remington 1100

1.jpg

Mossberg 930

SCJ28B_012.jpg

Rossi Judge

; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm

If I'm reading that one right, then all Glocks would be considered "assault weapons" since they are all semi-auto versions of the G18...

Well, half of my guns qualify for this ban proposal. When they are going after .22's I think it say a lot about how far they are willing to go and how scared they are of any gun...as if just being near one will make it jump up and shoot them.

The longer this goes the madder I seem to be about it. The pictues above help drive it all home. Thanks for taking the time to add them. With all of the problems we have, they choose the slight of hand attention misdirection so most of the population will be sidetracked from what is really going on and we get sidetracked trying to save what should be a given. I have to give Rossignol credit for the imagery of the "don't look at the man behind the curtain".

...and none of that spineless "let's try it for 10 years and see if it makes a difference" crap. This one (dream on Garth) is forever. Forget about the multi trillion dollar issue - look over her - we're saving your children from killer psychos! Why - so they can slowly sell the country to China to pay the national debt?!

Lame lame lame....this is all just disgusting to me.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm

If I'm reading that one right, then all Glocks would be considered "assault weapons" since they are all semi-auto versions of the G18...

The G17 was their first pistol, therefore the G18 was a full auto variant of the G17.

A seemingly minor point until one needs to work around the constraints of a law. Not that I am volunteering to be a test case on this one.

We know that, but I doubt the "law makers" do.

They seem to rearrange the facts to suit their purposes...

10/22 is detachable magazine. Only the mags should be subject to ban if over 10 ? factory rotery 10 rounder ok ?

And I don’t understand the Walther , not all have threaded barrel and the rest I don’t get

The P22's design has the barrel secured to the frame with a threaded-on cap.

The 1/2x28 adapters for suppressors thread onto this feature but even without the adapter the barrels are still factory threaded...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The P22's design has the barrel secured to the frame with a threaded-on cap.

The 1/2x28 adapters for suppressors thread onto this feature but even without the adapter the barrels are still factory threaded...

^this

pistol + detachable magazine + threaded barrel = assault weapon.

At least according to this bill if it passes.

Other factory pistols would be illegal too. Another example that would be classified as an assault weapon: 22LR sig mosquito

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =326825686

And here is a field strip video of the P22. The part that pertains to the barrel is about the 1:30-1:50 for a verbal explanation or at 3:20 to 4:00 for more of a visual

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTAt6xXsRxA[/youtube]

OK, now for my thoughts.

The bill said one or more MILITARY feature.

If these people who write these bills knew their history better they would know when Hiram Maxim first invented the firearm silencer and patented it in 1908, it was not meant for military purposes. It specifically mounted to a barrel that had been THREADED.

It was meant for commercial purposes. And all of the bulk of his sales went toward general stores and mail order catalogs and the likes, since at that time, firearm silencers weren't a regulated device.

Coincidentally,vehicle mufflers are not a military feature either, although by her logic, they too should be because the technology used in firearm suppressors, went into vehicle sound suppression were used by the Maxim's in early gasoline engine design they were inventing/creating. But that is a discussion for another day so I don't hijack my own post.

back on the subject of threaded barrels, not until the height of WWII (almost a FULL 30 YEARS LATER and completely bypassing the first world war) were suppressed weapons even considered for military use because until that point, there were very few (if any) clandestine missions that would require it.

British Gov't during that era did adapt several designs for service, but only in limited numbers. The welrod and delisle come to mind right off, and the US was quick to help by research and providing shot out thompson barrels for the delisle project.

But a threaded barrel was only a means to attach the sound suppressor (which is 100% legal to own and use Federally, and only prohibited by STATE law) and later, was adapted into numerous other firearms for various reasons, so in REALITY, threaded barrels are NOT a military weapon feature, they were a civilian feature first and the military later adopted it in SOME of their weapons, while many later military weapons still did not utilize that feature even to this day.

If it was a military feature, then wouldn't it be required on all military barrels? Whether it is a tank barrel, a pistol, shotgun,rifle,rocket launcher, etc?

So to call a threaded barrel a military feature, is simply yet another falsehood spewed by them. Again, I know they don't like it when people uses logic to show them how wrong they are, but there it is.

So, this bill, if passed, does further restrict law abiding gun owners rights because it would in effect ban the placement of threaded barrels to accept a sound suppressor, or any muzzle attachment, which is completely legal to do and even further restricts my rights and not even to mention the extra taxes that I and many others have paid over the years to legally make and/or own them.

Its details like that that SHOULD tie this up legally....if it doesn’t then OUR side's legal defensiveness sucks

Back