• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The nuns who grow and sell marijuana

CBD is big biz here in FL. And barely regulated because of all the loopholes. There are differing ways of processing it--some good, some not so good...

PS: Hemp and its uses are also gaining in popularity...

I'm all for "legalization" of all types of marijauna. By this I mean moving it from a Schedule 1 drug to a Schedule 2 or 3.

drugschedule.png

These Sisters have been in the local news a few times.

I don't smoke, and I've never bought their products, but they are nominally famous.

It has been a big issue around the central valley since "legalization" happened here.

It's still not legal federally, and dozens of towns here have re-criminalized it, by refusing to allow sales.

This is a big political hot button, as our state was planning a lot of revenue form the pot biz.

Instead they've garnered more enforcement costs. Before it was just a crime, but now they are taxing it at state level. It's a tax issue now, so really important. The heavy taxation has caused much cheating, and now there has been a nationwide spate of adulterated pot products. It's like people dying from wood alcohol during prohibition: a literal poisoning for money.

People are dying every day from this, and the heavy hand of the taxation state is marked with their blood.

60 Minutes tonight had a segment on CA MJ and re-iterates Cadd's observations. Many are growing, selling and buying "black market" because there are no taxes. The biggest penalties on unlicensed grows were illegal use of water and fertilizer! :rolleyes:

PS: I do NOT watch 60min on a regular basis. It happened to be on after a football game...

People are growing pot in their back yards all over the valley.
Anybody can grow here, if they want it for personal use.

The thing is, about harvest time, people will start poaching.
The thieves sometimes get caught and punished, or even get shot at.

Now people who smoke pot, do coke, or heroin etc may not legally own guns.
So all hell breaks loose.

Another government idea going bad. It's ironic, the left likes to paint the right as greedy, and yet, they are the ones on the constant search for things to tax rather than looking ways to keep spending down.

Here's what I find ironic... Smokers of cigarettes and the manufacturers are looked at with scorn by the left, and yet they are more than happy to legalize drugs for the ability to tax the product.

Back