• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

I have hunted Chuckers and jackrabbits and cottontails and deer in the snow.

It sucks-- the cold and ice-- it sucks. I don't miss it at all since I moved in the desert.

Pouring rain today so it doesn't feel much like the desert right now.

Well, my day could be better.
I went to the doc on Friday, the results are in, the previous hernia operation in 2012 has found it's way around the mesh. So, May 2nd, I get sliced open.....again. :eek:

The lathe is in pieces...I'm hoping to put it back together tomorrow or the day after. The bearings failed...

:mad: Workmans comp is dragging their feet on the Dr visit for my neck surgery (1 year check up) and to go over the results of the nerve test. (I have one left. )
There's pinched nerves in the c4-5-6 area, where the doc operated to put in the plate. So that pinched nerves keeps the shoulder from getting better cuz it's ridiculously painful to lift anything heavier than a half gallon of milk up to my chest. So the right arm muscles are getting atrophied.

Yesterday, my side of the couch recliner broke, so we need to go look for a new recliner, (I want a camo one from Cabelas :)
We'll most likely go to a discount furniture place and see what they got for cheap in their "pit".

Where's my jim beam....

Rip, it sure sounds like you've had better days.

I belong to a skateboard club where the average age is over 40. I'm the lucky one there, as most of those guys have had serious sports injuries and many have plates and rods and screws and titanium this and that holding them together.

I've never had more than a couple of minor fractures myself, but I have taken some blows and suffer the results of many to this day-- mostly in the form of arthritis so while we're ranting, this arthritis sucks.

It's worse when I work hard. Weekend before last weekend I moved Lumber and repaired the fence and other stuff around the house. Last weekend I moved my boat, my welding table, my trailer, my collection of used transmissions, plus all the wheels and suspension from the 47 Plymouth.

I welded up a cart from odds and ends, so I can roll all that stuff and get it out of my way.

Now I'm sore at all the major joints, and have strained my knee and Ankle so all I want to do is sit on my butt.

I got the lathe back together. Works good, and no left over parts. :)
Going to get the ekg tomorrow morning. And my neck doctor called today to set up a visit.
Found a recliner. It's camo. At Walmart!! I just hope it's comfy like the one at cabelas. It go good reviews on Amazon. Cheaper at walmart by a hundred bux too. It'll be here next Tuesday
Tomorrow I need to do something with the old couch.....

That's off the website....I'll post up a pic after it's delivered...

It's a combo of the full moon and it being 420 week....
I always heard that 420 made you mellow and crave munchies not act like your arse was on fire. There needs to be a stupid tax for people who drive like that and cause accidents during rush hour (which needs to be changed to rush 2-3 hours)... they need to hand out a Benjamin to every driver who has to wait to get passed them and their crumpled POS...

Hope your back is feeling better today, Rip.

I always heard that 420 made you mellow and crave munchies not act like your arse was on fire. . .

Then you only heard part of the story.

If you are basically lazy and love to eat you will almost certainly do less and eat more; and most people are basically lazy and like food. This is the typical situation comedy reputation of marijuana, and like many reputations it's only a half-truth.

Just like drinking alcohol, or taking many other drugs, it generally turns loose the part of humans which civilized people normally keep under wraps.

Like a baby version of sodium pentathol, what's really inside you will tend to come out; or as the old Romans used to say: "in vino veritas."

Even tempered persons will tend to be more even tempered, while a radical person will tend to be more radical.

If you like to talk to you will tend to blab. If you're basically shy you'll usually want to fold up alone like a Wallflower.

If you are basically mean, you can feel and act meaner. Things which have been boiling up inside of you can finally boil over. If it's the spirit of Rambo that's inside of you, you're going to tend to Rambo up.

Finally, like alcohol it is, generally speaking, very bad for your health and I wouldn't advise using it.

Last edited:
Back