• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

I will just get rebuild kits and overhaul all of the Volkswagen brake cylinders and put all new hydraulic lines on it. I had to change the hydraulic lines in any event because I’m moving the master cylinder about 18 inches.

I’m an old man and I haven’t had to buy baby supplies for decades. But I got lost in the pharmacy at Walmart when I noticed that they have to lock up stuff like Enfamil to prevent theft.

They weren’t locking up the beer, wine, 17 flavors of vodka etc.

We’re sending billions overseas every day, and we have to lock up milk for sick babies so the mothers won’t have to steal it.

I can’t support a damn thing this country does anymore.

I’m an old man and I haven’t had to buy baby supplies for decades. But I got lost in the pharmacy at Walmart when I noticed that they have to lock up stuff like Enfamil to prevent theft.

They weren’t locking up the beer, wine, 17 flavors of vodka etc.

We’re sending billions overseas every day, and we have to lock up milk for sick babies so the mothers won’t have to steal it.

I can’t support a damn thing this country does anymore.
I know theft is theft but I get your point. It's a messed up world with some pretty backasswards priorities.

Global elites want you on a plant-based diet, by 2050. Meanwhile Bill Gates is buying up farmland like crazy
………….…..The Practical Carnivore

The big syndication companies have canceled the Dilbert comic strip. A complaint had been made that there were only white people in his comic strip, where in fact there was also an engineer from India.

So, recently, author Scott Adams created a black character in his comic strip, who basically did the same thing as the white hero of the comic strip: make fun of the boss and the company policies. In fact, almost everyone in the comic strip did exactly that.

Unfortunately this was somehow seen as racist, and so Scott decided that he would get his comic strip canceled on purpose. I suspect, so that he could be relieved of his publishing contracts and then publish on the Internet for himself. (He said nearly this on a podcast, not long after those initial claims of racism.)

In his recent online podcast, he quoted a poll by Rasmussen in the USA, which claimed to show that a lot of Black people don’t like White people.

Scott said the Rasmussen poll showed him it was unwise for white people to move into black neighborhoods, as too many responders had said that it was not “OK to be White.” 21% so, and another 20% were “not sure if it was OK”.

I don’t recall if that was the exact wording, but this poll showed a clear ratio of unmasked bias.

The major newspapers who all will no longer carry Scott’s comic strip published the results of Rasmussen, but by quoting the results of this poll on the air, Scott Adams got everyone to call him a racist.

And the rest is history. If you want to read Dilbert you’ll have to go to dilbert.com

Edit: I noticed that after the initial claims of racism, the black character (Dave) disappeared from the comic strip. I believe that elicited claims of racism as well. Catch 22 deja vu.

We are headed so far off the road into the weeds it would be unbelievable except it's actually happening. Foot on the gas and no sign of letting up.

It's the same with some POC (any colour...doesn't matter) saying that they or other POC cannot be racist. It is amazing and utterly terrifying how some can not only get away with saying these kinds of things publicly but they believe it and are not called out for their BS.

There are many who would love to tell you that as a white male (especially a white male) that it is impossible for you to be discriminated against. That is entirely false. As a young man (early 90's), I was told by those I knew within several local police forces and the RCMP (these were ranking officers) that I shouldn't even waste my time applying. I was told that unless I graduated from a preferred university program in the top 5-10% of my class and was a near perfect specimen of fitness and health that I would not be hired specifically because of my race and gender. The departments would give preference to individuals representing "visible minorities". That's not to say they were not qualified, but it is to say that if I were of equal or even slightly better qualification I would be put the very bottom of the list with no realistic chance of ever being selected.

Fast forward 15 years ('05-'10) and these same forces are all on high gear recruiting drives and most depts are already under staffed. Fast forward another 15 years and all of the police departments are begging for recruits and we have officer involved assaults and homicides on a steady increase across the country. Is it because of minorities in the forces? Nope, it's stupid recruiting policies that kept droves of good recruits out of the running.

On a lower level, I've been refused service in asian stores at different points in my life. As have other non-asian people I know. I have also had fantastic service in asian stores and restaurants and have been treated like family. I've had co-workers and friends over the years of various ethnicities treat me like family and vice versa. We're all just people.

But for anyone to say that my experience is invalid or didn't severely alter the outcome of my life is just blind to their own bigotry. I'm not saying that others claims of racism aren't real and that they haven't experienced frequent discrimination and much worse. Likely far worse than my own experience, certainly many have over many generations. What I am saying is that racism comes in all sizes and skin colours. Because the white race does not have a lock on hatred and bigotry. One only has to look to the very recent past (20-50 years) in Europe, Asia and Africa to witness horrendous ethnic genocides (millions of dead & displaced) that had absolutely nothing to do with the white race specifically. Does that make what the Nazi's did any less diabolical? No. Does it make slavery or segregation in the US any less significant or horrible? No. What it means is people of any race can be really sh*tty people and EQUALLY diabolical...now isn't that ironic???

History tells us that preferring ourselves and those closest to us (typically of the same race and/or religion) is a trait common to all mankind. Denying this fact, doesn't make it untrue or make it go away. Why else when we look at urban areas of the US and Canada do we have many predominantly black, white, chinese, korean or east indian neighbourhoods? Why do all these people tend to group together? Are they all racists? I highly doubt it. It's human nature to stick close to what you're familiar and comfortable with.

We should call out anyone, of any colour or religion for their sh*tty behaviour, bigotry or discrimination. But, I wish we all could take a step back from this current societal trend of punishing and cancelling people we philosophically or even morally disagree with. Nothing good will come from this. It is outside the rule of law and there are no written rules....only whatever the outrage mob feels like making an example of today.

And the rest is history. If you want to read Dilbert you’ll have to go to dilbert.com
I follow Adams (Dilbert creator) on Twitter at @ScottAdamsSays. I have been "back on" Twitter since Musk took over not that I was ever that active, but I have been lately... ;) PM if you want to exchange handles--I'm not that prolific but have been getting a lot of "likes" for my humorous (and/or potentially off-color) comments lately. :)

As a long time reader of Dilbert (but not lately), it was interesting to see who the man is behind the ink. He seems like a typical California Libertarian and that is NOT a bad thing. I don't agree with all of his positions but believe he has been maligned over his comment (taken WAY out of context) by the slimedia. Some of whom he used to work for. :( He made the mistake of making a comment about what every enlightened person already knows, regardless of skin tone... :rolleyes: The un-enlightened took this as an insult and narrow-mindedly cancelled him... :(

To Elon's credit, he has re-instated many conservative accounts, including Trumpy's. And only the most egregious commentors have been banned. I doubt he will ban Adams...

The first pic is from a DayRunner personal organizer sticker insert from 1997. I never owned one because I'm not THAT organized, but for $1 from the clearance aisle at Staples, how could I resist? :) The other pics are recently grabbed from Twitter and are NOT Scott... ;)

PS: Scott Adam's podcast: LINK
History tells us that preferring ourselves and those closest to us (typically of the same race and/or religion) is a trait common to all mankind. Denying this fact, doesn't make it untrue or make it go away. Why else when we look at urban areas of the US and Canada do we have many predominantly black, white, chinese, korean or east indian neighbourhoods? Why do all these people tend to group together? Are they all racists? I highly doubt it. It's human nature to stick close to what you're familiar and comfortable with.

There IS a lot of tribalism going on in this world, in fact TOO much! It is alarming that some tribes are populating more than others, but counting on other tribes to support them... :rolleyes:

I gave my kids "The Talk" when they were young. The point made was that some people are going to hate you simply because the color of your skin--it will be nothing personal. I taught them to always be situationally aware, keep their guard up, guts tight and to defend themselves ruthlessly. No More Mr. Nice Guy (or Gal)...

dayrunnerdilbert.jpg poordilbert.jpg notracist.jpg dildort.jpg scott.jpg tower.jpg

Last edited:
Adams said all his publishing contracts have been canceled. His popular books in reprint, and his new book, which he was paid to write.

But let’s face it, how many books are people really buying nowadays?

He says this is the third time that he’s been sidelined or fired for being white.

A comic called Candorville has been mocking Dilbert all week, and it’s been untypically low class for a comic that is usually the opposite. But it’s by a black guy about a black guy, who is a looser named Lemont. I’m sure there’s some social pressure.

5E7CFCBA-73B9-49C0-A595-64FF0BEF6297.jpeg

Adams did literally say that, BUT, In this manner:

“IF the Rasmussen poll is true . . . Bla bla bla . . . THEN White people should get the hell away from Black people.”

Speaking in general terms, it seems like this is what has been happening for a long time, and vice versa. Since I have moved to this valley nearly 50 years ago, I have seen greater integration between the white people and the Middle Eastern people and the Asian people and the Hispanic people and Native American people.

Just the opposite has been true between the Black people and the white people. (Please take note that my racist iPhone immediately capitalized all of those “identities” except white.)

The blacks in Fresno county Are still concentrated west of the tracks in old Fresno. The ones that get enough money to move out of that area are leaving, and most, I suspect, are leaving California completely.

So the population here is growing rapidly except for the blacks. By far, they are the slowest expanding and least participating part of the local culture.

I worked for years with a black pastor from West Fresno, who had a day job as an engineer. His wife also worked there and I cannot recall any other Black people in the office. We had a couple black engineers when I worked at Vendo Corp. There were a handful in the shop. I worked for Kellner, Decker, Manlift, Thomason Co, Kawneer Co, Vendo, Contractor’s Service Corp, and Advanced Structural Design. 8 jobs in 48 years.

By and large the participation rate always just seemed sadly low. I’d literally go out in a shop that had 100 production workers asking for Charlie and the foreman would say, “oh yeah he’s the black guy.” Because there was like one black guy in the whole shop.

Overall, the industrial production in this county has gone from modest to very low. Everyone of those companies I’ve mentioned has left or gone out of business over the years except for Advanced Structural Design, which is still doing well, Kawneer, which has downsized to almost nothing here.

Vendo which moved out of the area after enormous EPA clean up activities and a huge downsizing.

You guys don’t know that half of the Coke machines in the world used to come from Vendo in Pinedale California, which is a little neighborhood north of Fresno that was once the housing for production workers during WW2. During the war they made plexiglass bubble turrets and did electroplating for military parts.

The old opportunities just aren’t there anymore.

(If you’re consoling yourself, when you pay for gasoline and electricity, that it could be worse. Well, for some people it is. Much.)

Dr. Jordan Peterson…3/10/2023
“We could be providing extremely low cost energy to people… Especially poor people throughout the world... Instead, we have an anti-energy policy in place… Especially in any places that are ruled essentially by the left… And the consequence of that… UNICEF just released a report showing there’s a 25% increase in the last year and a half, in the number of women and children that are starving, around the world.

It’s a direct consequence of the increase in energy prices, which are in themselves a direct consequence of the anti-industrial policies put in place by hypothetically well-meaning deluded pseudo-religious environmental worshipers of the Apocalypse.”

The man has a gift for words. I have never heard it put quite like that.

In the 60s the hippies were saying F the man, F the establishment. 2023 it's seasoned conservatives saying... F the man, F the establishment. Those old hippies and their ilk are now the establishment.

I finally quit reading the Fresno Bee, because, while McClatchy has long been a purveyor of propaganda and outright lies, They are currently engaged in blatant censorship.

After they killed Dilbert, I was just starting to like Candorville; because even though it was a “black” strip and very edgy, it never just picked on one race of people.

Generally, it was more evenhanded about things than you might expect at first glance. Unfortunately somebody at McClatchy took a second glance and decided it was plenty black, but somehow just not BLM enough.

They took it out of the paper along with any other comic strip that seemed even slightly evenhanded about politics.

I’ve been reading the Fresno bee for 45 years. It’s the end of an era.

(If you’re consoling yourself, when you pay for gasoline and electricity, that it could be worse. Well, for some people it is. Much.)

Dr. Jordan Peterson…3/10/2023
“We could be providing extremely low cost energy to people… Especially poor people throughout the world... Instead, we have an anti-energy policy in place… Especially in any places that are ruled essentially by the left… And the consequence of that… UNICEF just released a report showing there’s a 25% increase in the last year and a half, in the number of women and children that are starving, around the world.

It’s a direct consequence of the increase in energy prices, which are in themselves a direct consequence of the anti-industrial policies put in place by hypothetically well-meaning deluded pseudo-religious environmental worshipers of the Apocalypse.”

The man has a gift for words. I have never heard it put quite like that.
Jordan Peterson is a Canadian treasure. I pray the Lord bestows that man many crowns one day for all the hate he has endured.

Back