• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The real world...

In Justin Trudeaus world none of that is necessary. Everything one needs can be found in the grocery store.
HAHAHA!!! There’s a lot of stuff that falls out that guys mouth that is worth as much as that statement.

I remember bloomberg falling all over his self during a press conference after hurricane sandy hit nyc a few years ago too.

He said they expected power outages in advance of the hurricane, but he wasn't informed that they would also suffer from water and sewage outages too.

I guess nobody ever told him that the water pumps and the sewer systems all relied on electricity to function too. But for him, and people like him, they just knew the world stopped turning when the handle was jiggled and nothing happened.

A whole lot of people in this world are seen as able to “get their way” by acting crazy.

Monkey see + monkey do = a National monkey poo-flinging chain reaction.

The “only acting crazy” people run a huge risk of being slaughtered for their trouble.

This is because it’s impossible sometimes to tell the difference between someone who is acting crazy for their own purposes and someone who is truly criminally insane.

What makes it worse is they seem to hang around together. And having said that my mind is turning to the recent chaos in DC.

Interesting video and not gory at all, IMO. They didn't even show the swine slaughtering--looks like they were bled out the neck. Bonus was an ad for modular/easy to harvest beehives that I watched.
I was impressed. Back in the late 60s I worked for a chicken and turkey raiser for Campbells soup co. Myself and 3 other guys caught by hand, debeaked and vaccinated 32000 chickens in 4 days. When I saw the guys vaccinating the chickens I smiled and sang, I did it my way.

I lived in a trailer in the desert, in a trailer park, which had been a poultry operation.
I was about 10, and we kids went exploring inside the old processing building.
I didn't know until many years later that the funny conveyor system was a rubber-fingered chicken plucker.*
The building was concrete and unused except for a pigeon roost, so the feathers everywhere were mixed species . . .

(EDIT) *maybe turkey plucker? I can't recall the scale of things, 55 years later.

The technology is impressive but they seem to leave out some key steps like the actual dispatching of the animal.

I also doubt ALL proc3essing plants are as clean as this one.

People would be sickened if they saw how the animals were raised.

The beauty of video is you can record and edit only that which you want people to see and how you want them to see it. Video doesn't lie but creative editing and the context in which it was was filmed does.

Oh it is a gruesome business all right, and it’s one of the reasons I don’t go hunting anymore. I don’t enjoy the butchery.

I don’t mind killing fish however. 2021 is going to turn out to be an extremely deadly year for fish. ;)

The technology is impressive but they seem to leave out some key steps like the actual dispatching of the animal.

I also doubt ALL proc3essing plants are as clean as this one.

People would be sickened if they saw how the animals were raised.

The beauty of video is you can record and edit only that which you want people to see and how you want them to see it. Video doesn't lie but creative editing and the context in which it was was filmed does.
What you say is true. Not all meat processing plants are high tech. I have worked in 3. Definitely low tech. My purpose in posting is to illustrate how hypocritical people are when they condemn hunting but insist buying their meat with plastic wrapp all over it. For some reason that plastic wrap removes the dead animal from the real world. I butcher all my own meat. My hands only.

I typically do my own as well. If i cant then i am pretty selective about who I take it to.
My biggest deer, in 1985, weighed 235 field dressed. I took it to a local butcher and he gave me back 54 lbs. Mostly burger. I don't trust others honesty anymore.

Back