• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Thermal hog eradication video 7 down

Got an invite to go down to Victoria, Tx to help eradicate some hogs that had been hitting the corn fields pretty hard. We started around 9:00 and wrapped it up around 3:00 am. We drove around scanning fields out the window and stopped in a few places to call for a few minutes here and there. We got 6 confirmed kills on the first group. Then later in the night took out a single boar that is not in this video. 7 confirmed kills for the night.
Equipment used- 12.5" 6.8 SPC from Eric at Blackstonearms.com. Reap-IR thermal sight from Cliff at ThirdCoastThermal.com recorded with the MDVR from Ultimate night vision.
Attached to the muzzle is the Sig Sauer 762 titanium QD suppressor from Silencershop.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice shooting.

This is one of the better videos that I have seen of how to lead a target.

Nice shooting. Obviously not your first rodeo leading them, with some head shots to boot. Well done!

Just a personal note, and I understand why for the video but it jist kind of made me cringe just a bit whenever you covered the other hunters with the scope's FOV. They were not in the crosshairs but I'm just a bit picky about that sort of thing. Aside from that great video!

Nice shooting. Obviously not your first rodeo leading them, with some head shots to boot. Well done!

Just a personal note, and I understand why for the video but it jist kind of made me cringe just a bit whenever you covered the other hunters with the scope's FOV. They were not in the crosshairs but I'm just a bit picky about that sort of thing. Aside from that great video!
Thanks man, and ya I hear you. And you are ultimately right. But it's not like I could just turn my head and look behind me and see them. It was dark out so the view through the thermal is the only way to see what's really going on with living creatures. FWIW i mentally checked myself and the safety and had my thumb pressing on the safety before and while scanning back and them. The Reap-IR also has a really wide FOV and I made sure the crosshairs didn't come anywhere near them.. those crosshairs never got within 100 yds of where they were. The gun was pointed at a downward angle behind me, but yes it was towards them and that still violates one of the 4 rules. Good lookin out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back