• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Thinking of making my own shockwave mossy

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I have a source to get a stripped receiver, and already have many of the spare parts to complete it, other than the mag, forearm assembly and I've see several grips for sale at various places.

I'm wanting something small and fairly light that packs a lot more punch than I have been carrying in the woods due to all the bears and increasing stories of big cats.

The factory shockwaves are fairly expensive and seem to stay out of stock more than they are in stock.

So, I'm thinking of just making my own.

I'm curious if anyone knows of a place to either get the 14.5" (500) barrel or a cheap 18 inch barrel that I can cut down myself. Used barrels are fine too. It's going to be a pack/truck gun anyway.

Good luck finding a barrel... :( I don't know what you plan on shooting out of it but rifled barrels seem to be more available.

You might consider making a "500" shockwave if those parts are more readily available? I don't know if there would be brazing/solding involved or if you would have to shorten the mag tube and weld the end back on...

Thank you for the reply. I'm not going to be soldering the mag loop thing.

Though I don't mind shortening down a standard barrel.

Since it's a virgin receiver, I can basically use any length barrel that I want. But I don't want a rifled barrel though.

To be honest, I think the way the law is written up, it actually has to be a smoothbore otherwise, it would be classified as a pistol.

I know the current gun laws will give most anyone a headache.

I have a Shockwave black synthetic foregrip with strap & action tube, Black raptor grip,500 5 shot mag w/ spring and follower, and a old 28” smooth bore plain barrel you could have chopped down to the magazine lug.

Back