• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

thinking of picking up a 590a1

rbinfantino

Copper BB
As the title says, I am looking for a new shotgun and was thinking of getting one with the three dot sights. Does anyone have any experience with that model(52682)? I don't particularly care for the grs and thought that since the 3 dot version may be a good compromise I would get that barrel.
My thinking, based on pictures that I've seen is that the 3dot front sight base is much lower than the grs version and so if I didn't like the rear sight I could just take it off and use the front like a bead.
Any thoughts and experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I have several dedicated shotguns for different disciplines, I only will use this for HD and for practice. Thanks...

Thanks sir for the link. Couple of questions, did you remove the rear sight? Which rail are you using since it appears you are using the channel in the rail as a rear sight? Did you ever just use the oem bead without the rear sight and if so where there significant poi changes at practical defensive ranges with shotshells? Also, good looking shotgun, what else did you put on it?

Thanks, RB

I had to remove the rear sight so I could install the heatshield.
I shot it a couple times with the factory sights, but nothing more than shooting bowling pins, never with the front sight only.
Rear rail is a UTG or something cheap, there wasn't much around at the time, other than expensive rails, there is another that caught my eye that had a peep sight, but I never picked one up.
I have also added a Nordic Components +1 magazine extention and made my own flashlight mount.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum...two-people-with-a-18-5-590a1.7300/#post-96224

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum RB !!

Let us know what you finally pickup...

Back