• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

THIS IS JUST WEIRD.... AND VERY REAL ... WEIRD

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I tried to start my patrol car this afternoon, which I started and moved this morning.

I then tried to start my wifes Nissan so I could get my BBQ grill out of the garage.

I tried to start my Ford in the garage since the Nissan didn't start.

AND All THREE OF THEM WILL NOT FIRE. Starter engages, cranking cranking cranking.... no ignition.

SOLAR FLARES?

EMP?

The ILLUMINATI?

I am not making this up. No joy on three different vehicles parked near each other. Yet every one of them was running fine just this morning or yesterday.

I assume no lightning or T storms?

Or a disgruntled villain that found out where you lived and sugared up your gas tanks ????

Or pulled the cars computer fuse if they were left unlocked? (Yeah, I know, that is unlikely but thought I would mention it).

Other than that, I have never heard of 3 cars simultaneously dying like that.

I went to walmart to pick up a few things about an hour ago. Nothing unusual here that would indicated a solar flare or emp.

We had an electrical thunderstorm coming toward us but the lightning was still a few miles away...

Never experienced this before. WEIRD

Check your fuses first since I'm sure they're all newer vehicles with a lot of electronics.

PS.

Lightning can travel along any kind of suspended wires (electrical or CATV or Phone) for many miles before dissipating enough.

We were always warned as lineman, if you can hear thunder or see lightning, you can be killed with lightning if you're on a pole. Or touching ground wires or down guys that come off of a pole.

BTW, first thing, I toss a voltmeter on the battery and crank it to see the voltage drop.

If the voltage dops below 11.5v then most ignition computers won't work.

This happened on my Nomad & it cranked as fast as necessary. No start.
I added another smaller 12v battery in parallel, and it started immediately.

It didn't crank any faster. It just didn't crank. Click*VaROOOM!

At another site, someone was complaining of a security company testing transmitters that screwed with their push button start and keyfob. I'm a "retired" mechanic and other than sabotage, I can't think of anything coincidental that would cause that. Fuel issues (ie: sugar) will usually allow the car to start but maybe not run...

Hello again. Me here.

Well, on an uneducated WAG hunch this morning I disconnected the batteries in the Nissan and Ford, and after reconnecting them again both the cars started and ran just like normal. I have no explanation, but I blame TRUMP.

The Po-Po car has a faulty throttle body unit which requires replacement.

I cannot explain why all three would fail to start within an afternoon. All are pretty new with under 100,000 miles.

Back