• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trail Camera Card Reader

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Just picked up a BuckStruck outdoors Trail Camera Card Reader.

All it consists of is a dongle that plugs into the USB port of an Android phone and allows you to read external SD cards and USB flash drives. I think there is a iPhone version as well.

IMG_2154_zpsvoj8xvjo.jpg

It works really well. I was able to read a SD, Micro SD and USB flash drive with no problems at all. I did try to use it with an external hard drive but it would not recognize that device. I did not have to install any app or change any setting on my phone but they do indicate that you may have to enable the mass storage options if they are not already turned on.

I just happened to stumble upon it on Amazon when looking for something else and thought I would give it a try. I'll definitely be field testing it when I get my trail cams hung.

Hmmm. Never seen that.

But if you're going to be in the field a while, you can usually take the card out of the trail cam and put into your regular camera and view them. I occasionally get an error where I can't see a photo or two, but they usually work.

I don't often carry a camera in the field with me but I almost always have my phone. I thought this would work well for offloading pics, etc from my phone to another storage devise as well without having to connect it to a computer.

Just picked up a BuckStruck outdoors Trail Camera Card Reader.

All it consists of is a dongle that plugs into the USB port of an Android phone and allows you to read external SD cards and USB flash drives. I think there is a iPhone version as well.

IMG_2154_zpsvoj8xvjo.jpg

It works really well. I was able to read a SD, Micro SD and USB flash drive with no problems at all. I did try to use it with an external hard drive but it would not recognize that device. I did not have to install any app or change any setting on my phone but they do indicate that you may have to enable the mass storage options if they are not already turned on.

I just happened to stumble upon it on Amazon when looking for something else and thought I would give it a try. I'll definitely be field testing it when I get my trail cams hung.
I know its old thread but thanks for it. Ive been swapping out cards in my cams for years and view when i get back home hated the waiting this is great idea i always have my phone.

I know its old thread but thanks for it. Ive been swapping out cards in my cams for years and view when i get back home hated the waiting this is great idea i always have my phone.
I have since orderred 10 more as the first one finally died. I found then for abot $2 each at Gearbest. I think they ship from China it took weeks for me to get them, but now I have backups.

I have since orderred 10 more as the first one finally died. I found then for abot $2 each at Gearbest. I think they ship from China it took weeks for me to get them, but now I have backups.
Thanks much for that

Back