• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trap 100 recipe

Mossybloke

.270 WIN
A buddy of mine gave me an old 1-lb. bottle of the stuff and it smells good so I'm gonna try and work up a load. Thought I'd ask you guys who might have used it 20 yrs ago if you had a favorite recipe. I got an old Hodgdon .manual off eBay that has some load data but not much. It will be for skeet and upland loads
re7eqesy.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401544967517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401544967517.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 5
Wow. That's gonna take just a little bit of digging around to come up with something that'll help.

Yeah, from what I've found it has a burn rate similar to X-700 and was a popular powder in the 80's-90's

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

So i bought an old manual off eBay with load data and loaded up a box of shells. Dropped 19 gns over a Cheddite primer, remmy hull and 7/8 oz lead in a CB wad. I'd say they were probably around 1300 fps but they shot very well and clean too. Will try 16 or 17 gns next just to be on the safe side. Not bad for a free pound of powder

I would think that 1300-fps from a 7/8-ounce load would be right where it ought to be if you want full velocity from 19-grains, and dropping down to 17-ish grains ought to bring you around 1200-fps.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I don't have a chrono, just judging from the recoil and many years of shooting as a guide. I think the next step is patterning

Back