• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger Assembly Falling Out

Tyman10

Copper BB
Hi everyone. New to the forum. Took my 835 out goose hunting for the first time. Had the first flock locked in, landing gear out. Sat up in my layout blind, safety off BANG.....BANG......CLICK! Thought nothing of it. Bad round right? Get reset. Next flock coming in........sit up. CLICK! CLICK! BANG! So the morning went. Basically hunting with a single shot , just not knowing which one would go bang out of the 3 shells. I noticed after the hunt that the whole trigger assembly would partially slide out of the reciever after a bang or cycling the action. Has anybody else had this problem? Is there a fix without replacing the assembly? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As long as the retaining pin is in place there should not be any play in the assembly. When you pull the retaining pin and replace it can you feel a bit of a snap as it clicks into the retainer. I am intrigued by this as I have never had a trigger assembly come out of a gun before.

Back