• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trius 1 Step Trap Thrower

I love shooting, but I hate to rely on someone to go shooting with. I needed something portable, one person operation, easy setup without lugging around car batteries for the automatic throwers and not break the bank. I've looked at dozen of manual throwers and this one seems like the only one that got majority of positive reviews. This is what prompted me to chose this Trap thrower.

http://www.lymanproducts.com/trius/1-step.php

Retail price, I've seen it go as high as $119.00 and online as low as $92.00 without a sale going on. Lucky for me, I happen to catch it on Sale at Cabelas for $79.00 plus shipping.

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg
IMG_4680.jpg

The biggest negative I've read about the 1 step, is the vague assembly manual and I agree it sucks...go checked it out online in PDF format. It took me about 20 minutes to assemble with only couple of 9/16" tools (Sockets or Adjustable will be fine). Just remember the 3 thick washers are for assembling the base, 2 at one location and 1 at the other side of the base. (See Following Pics)

IMG_4686.jpg
IMG_4682.jpg

There are 2 major adjustments for the 1 Step: Elevation and Throwing Speed. Minor adjustment is where you would place the clay on the arm, depending where you place the clay will result on the clay flight path going left, center or right

IMG_4687.jpg
IMG_4688.jpg

As usual, I like to improve on a design. With this thrower, I noticed a wear point under the throwing arm to contact the main spring. I wrapped some rubber hose to move the main spring hook away from the arm

IMG_4689.jpg

The thrower is designed to be able to throw singles and piggy back doubles, depending on your elevation setting.

So far, I've thrown about 300 clays with the 1 Step and not one broken clay caused by the thrower. And due to design of the 1 Step, cocking the arm can be done with one finger; the arm is only under tension when you press down on the foot pedal.

This is one of the best Shotgun shooting accessories I have ever bought and highly recommend it.

Looks like an excellent way to spend the afternoon. Great write-up bro, thanks for your time and the info...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Looks like an excellent way to spend the afternoon. Great write-up bro, thanks for your time and the info...

Your Welcome, I'm glad I can contribute to this forum as much as I can.

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
This just gave me an affordable Xmas idea for my husband! Thanks for the good review!

My wife gave me one for Christmas a couple of years ago!

It is a great thrower and so easy to use. I shoot at a club a couple times a week so it does not see that much use anymore, but every now and then I get it out of the garage and head to a field with some friends. They bring there throwers as well and we throw double pairs or even triple pairs :eek:

What FUN WE HAVE!!! :D

Back