• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tru-Glo Gobble Stopper Xtreme .665

Crappiepro

.270 WIN
I got to do some shootin today. It was about 50 degrees or alittle warmer here in Indiana. I bought the Gobble Stopper Xtreme .665 choke and wanted to try it in a Mossy 535 24" black synthetic I just picked up. I guess it's gonna have to warm up alittle more, counted the number of shot in a 10"circle at 37yrds and wasn't real happy. I hope a warmer day will tighten up this pattern. I shot about 8 different loads all 3" shells. Mostly #5 and#6 shot. Best I got was form the Winchester High Velosity #6 3" and the Remington Premier Magnum #5 and #6 3" shells. I sure hope it gets better.
Anybody have good results with this choke? If so, what shell was ya using?

Thats one choke i have not tried. Are you aiming at the circle and countimg pellets or looking at the best group at its point of impact? My 930 for example seems to have the best pattern a little high so I adjust accordingly.

I've hunted in near freezing temps here in MI during the April season. I've never noticed temp affecting my patterns.

My point of aim matches the point of impact with this gun. I got lucky there so I won't need any optics or adjustable site's. I'm trying to get as many shot as I can in a 10"circle.

My point of aim matches the point of impact with this gun. I got lucky there so I won't need any optics or adjustable site's. I'm trying to get as many shot as I can in a 10"circle.
Was any of the loads you tried the new Winchester Longbear XRs or the Federal Turkey Thugs shells (saw that latter at walmart)?

Swyped while swerving via mobile device

Well, We did shoot the longbeards just the other day. 3 guns total.
All 3 guns really shot the longbeards well! Moss 835, .690 jellyhead, Moss 535 .660 jellyhead and a Rem 870 with the Primos Tite-wad .665 all shot the 3" #5's, we couldn't find any 3 1/2's in our area so thats all we had to try.
Super tite patterns close and really nice patterns at 37yrds!
I got rid of the Tru-glo choke already LOL, I had ordered the JellyHead .660 and was waiting on it. I knew it would out perform the Tru-glo.
The longbeards make any gun/choke combo really look good on paper!

I have the Jellyhead choke in my 835 and it performs really well.

I've used the Primo's TightWad choke in my 930, 870 and 500C with very good results. I only switched to the Jellyhead model so I could try out HeviShot, which I still haven't done.

I'm planning on hunting with my crossbow this spring. I missed one a few years ago with a bow and need some redemption. I'd use the compound again but I'm still having some shoulder issues.

Too many options and only one tag. LOL

Back