• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trump Pardons Sheriff Joe

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Just breaking news...
President Trump granted a presidential pardon to Joe Arpaio, the former Sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz., on Friday. Arpaio, 85, had been convicted for intentionally disobeying a judge's order in an immigration case.
"Sheriff Joe Arpaio is now eighty-five years old, and after more than fifty years of admirable service to our Nation, he is worthy candidate for a Presidential pardon," the White House said in a statement.

This will drive the leftists crazy.

He's right, but I'm still not tired of winning.

Least Trump isn't pardoning convicted felons and drug dealers ,mail fraud, Aiding and abetting smuggling, Bank embezzlement, Bank fraud,Conspiracy to launder money,Importation of a controlled substance-excess of 5 kilograms of cocaine, Unlawful disposal of hazardous waste without a permit, Knowingly disposing of a firearm to a felon, Destruction of mail matter by a postal employee, Involuntary manslaughter, scheme to defraud the United States of money and property, Officer of U.S. stealing property of another, etc like Obama did.

By the end of his presidency on January 20, 2017, Barack Obama had exercised his constitutional power to grant executive clemency—that is, "pardon, commutation of sentence, remission of fine or restitution, and reprieve"—to 1,927 individuals convicted of federal crimes.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

It is too bad POTUS cannot do a "reverse pardon" and jail people like US District Judge Susan Bolton who jails an official for doing his job of enforcing federal law.

(CNN Politics 8-25-17) "Not only did (Arpaio) abdicate responsibility, he announced to the world and to his subordinates that he was going to continue business as usual no matter who said otherwise," US District Judge Susan Bolton wrote in a July 31 order finding him guilty.​

17655.jpg

Joe was a beacon of old school law enforcement dedicated to protecting the community he served. Pardon was well deserved and an example of proper use of it. I'm all in with President Trump. I do wish he'd drop the twithing thing and take away some ammo from the left trash media but I understand it's a way to lash back when constantly beING berated night and day. Don't these idiots understand he doesn't need any of this crappie he could simply say Farkas off I tried to help but I'll take my gorgeous wife and go sit on a yacht in the Riviera and count money. I believe he truly cares and wants to save our country. I'm not religious anymore but I pray for him daily to be successful somehow.

I grew up in a liberal household. I had a discussion on this with my mom the other night. She was ranting about how this is just a slap in the face of justice and how much we need to get this man (Trump) out of office. When I threw back about how for the last eight years the white house has not only refused to enforce immigration laws they actually directed the Attorney General to go after those that tried to enforce the laws that were on the books she had did not have a good response.

I do not agree with everything that Trump is doing, but this case is is not nearly as big as the media is making it out to be.

Despite everything that occurred during the election the media is still the biggest problem in the US

Trump uses twitter because the media won't cover the "news" correctly themselves, so he is forced to do it on his own.

I don't like twitter either. I don't use twitter.

But the media has been a problem since before the mid 1990's.

I blame a lot of the AWB on the media. They bombarded everything about how evil guns are, when in reality, it's not an inanimate objects fault because that was in their agenda.

I'm sure Nixon didn't expect the media bastards to cause such a negative effect on the Vietnam war either.

The media is bad.

Has been for a long time.

No real way to fix that now other than nuking it from orbit.

Which Trump seems more successful at it than many of his predecessors despite being outnumbered 200,000 to 1.

Personally, I would like to see a law be passed that journalists must be able to pass a test to become certified and become licensed.

Trump may even be able to do an executive order pertaining to the FCC where they can pull the licenses of broadcasters after so many violations.

I'm sure that the broadcasters would sue for violating their 1A rights, but it is not within their 1A right to outright lie and falsify the way they have been doing.

If they want to continue doing so, they would have to do so as individuals rather than a corporation that is profiting from it.

Just my 12 cents on the matter.

I'm pretty sure that Trump staff could find an injustice similar to that of Sheriff Joe in every state of the union somewhere.

I think if Trump would travel to these various States and use presidential powers to correct or mitigate the issues in question, in full public View, he would cement his voter base completely.

Obama's catch-and-release drug enforcement has thrown a lot of people back into society that probably should not be there, and Trump should make an issue of pointing these people out when they become recidivists. As they get caught he should tweet out:

"Oh look... here's a drug Smuggler who Obama let out of jail and we just caught him again for smuggling.

Because we were nice to him, and let him go free, and then he spit on us, we're going to double his sentence this time."

Anyhow you know how the revolving-door prison works: most of those guys who Obama released will be caught again, because they are already violators again. I would bet money that 90% of the drug violators re-violated within one week of release from prison.

Now I'm wondering if Obama released any sex criminals?

We've always heard a lot about Sheriff Joe up here. Partly because there are quite a few western Canadians who call Arizona home for at least part of the year and in particular Maricopa County.

I first remember hearing about Sheriff Joe a little over 20 years ago. And it was no different then, people either loved him or hated him as it's been all along.

I think that to perform any necessary work including law enforcement you're gonna have give and take...good and bad. So, I believe his undertakings were necessary and he did what so many others failed to do...enforce the law. The methods could be up for debate I s'pose but it was effective and certainly did what law enforcement and punishment are supposed to do...be anything but comfortable for criminals.

I'm glad the President pardoned him. That's no way to wind up a life of service to your country and your neighbors.

I lived in Maricopa County back in the days when I could grab my Sheridan rifle, and hop on my Schwinn Tornado, and ride off into the desert to shoot rabbits and snakes and big spiders.

I never felt afraid, and my parents were not afraid to let me go and do it. None of the neighbors thought I was a monster. Most of their kids had BB guns & most of their dads were in the Air Force and knew how to shoot.

I think the world has changed a lot since then, so it's nice to see a little bit of common sense like Sheriff Joe applies to the law.

We cannot fail to enforce the laws (as the Lefties would wish) just because we can't enforce them perfectly 100% of the time. There is no civil rights law that guarantees our citizens that the cops will be one hundred percent perfect. What we expect from them is to be Humane, honest, and reasonable. And above that we expect them to enforce the law as well as they can under the situation.

Joe was faced with a situation where the lefties lived in a world that didn't exist, hoping that by pretending it did, that it would come into being.

Clearly these folks never studied chemistry, physics, or any of the physical sciences which describe the motion of matter and energy within this universe. Cause and effect are foreign Concepts to these people.

They've been running the country and you can see what has become of the educational system because of their philosophies. You can see what has become of American students.

With their silly dreaming these assholes have taken away the pride of our children and they should be imprisoned for it. We should take the concept of malfeasance in office a little farther in the case of such crimes against Society.

You can wish anything you want, and you can believe (and within reason behave) however you want; but people are going to be people in the end, and they are going to behave way people have always behaved in the end, and the reasons will always be the same as the reasons people always had, for their misbehavior, in the end.

We've always heard a lot about Sheriff Joe up here. ...

I'm glad the President pardoned him. That's no way to wind up a life of service to your country and your neighbors.
And it would have been a quick wind-up of his life. There are so many prisoners that Sheriff Joe incarcerated he probably would have died w/in 90 days of imprisonment.

Back