• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

turkey thug logo engraved?

kurtis

Ok so I picked up a used 500 turkey thug that is blued. My first question, is the turkey thug later engraved on the side or is it paint. i picked it up for 200 and has a barrel i could use for coyotes.

The turkey thug logo just isn't my thing so would you guys recommend cerakote or just a rattle can job for a beater shotgun.

Pretty sure it's painted. Get out the rattle can.

Can't go wrong for 200.:)

What barrel did it come with?
24 inch ported with fiber optics. the forend looks like the maverick 88 style so i need to look into what forend tube would work since i have other forends.

My final goal is a deer/coyote/squirrel rabbit gun. I don't hunt flying things as of now so hopefully the 24 inch barrel will suit all the game I listed. anybody have links to good rattle can DIY jobs on the 500s? any suggestions are welcome. maybe aluma-hyde from brownells?

Attachments

• moss2.jpg
    moss2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
its engraved my LGS has some flat black duracoat spray cans so I coated the whole thing. You can still see the outline of the turkey thug but not a big deal since its not very noticeable. Ill probably just beat the crap out of this one anyways lol

I like sponge paint camo.
I did two 500's in it, a 12 and a 20.
Google sponge paint camo.

Back