• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Upcoming executive orders scheduled for 4/8/21

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Biden is supposed to make a bunch of executive orders concerning guns tomorrow.

They posted a thing on the white house website a day early if anyone wants to read it.

They want to stop a citizens ability to make their own gun. (*Unconstitutional)

Want to start red flag laws (*unconstitutional removal of rights)

And want to dump billions of dollars into anti gun right organizations. *I don't know this is illegal, but it should be.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ress-the-gun-violence-public-health-epidemic/

FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Announces Initial Actions to Address the Gun Violence Public Health Epidemic
April 07, 2021 • Statements and Releases
Today, the Biden-Harris Administration is announcing six initial actions to address the gun violence public health epidemic. The recent high-profile mass shootings in Boulder – taking the lives of 10 individuals – and Atlanta – taking the lives of eight individuals, including six Asian American women – underscored the relentlessness of this epidemic. Gun violence takes lives and leaves a lasting legacy of trauma in communities every single day in this country, even when it is not on the nightly news. In fact, cities across the country are in the midst of a historic spike in homicides, violence that disproportionately impacts Black and brown Americans. The President is committed to taking action to reduce all forms of gun violence – community violence, mass shootings, domestic violence, and suicide by firearm.

President Biden is reiterating his call for Congress to pass legislation to reduce gun violence. Last month, a bipartisan coalition in the House passed two bills to close loopholes in the gun background check system. Congress should close those loopholes and go further, including by closing “boyfriend” and stalking loopholes that currently allow people found by the courts to be abusers to possess firearms, banning assault weapons and high capacity magazines, repealing gun manufacturers’ immunity from liability, and investing in evidence-based community violence interventions. Congress should also pass an appropriate national “red flag” law, as well as legislation incentivizing states to pass “red flag” laws of their own.

But this Administration will not wait for Congress to act to take its own steps – fully within the Administration’s authority and the Second Amendment – to save lives. Today, the Administration is announcing the following six initial actions:

The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.” We are experiencing a growing problem: criminals are buying kits containing nearly all of the components and directions for finishing a firearm within as little as 30 minutes and using these firearms to commit crimes. When these firearms turn up at crime scenes, they often cannot be traced by law enforcement due to the lack of a serial number. The Justice Department will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of these firearms.

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act. The alleged shooter in the Boulder tragedy last month appears to have used a pistol with an arm brace, which can make a firearm more stable and accurate while still being concealable.

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states. Red flag laws allow family members or law enforcement to petition for a court order temporarily barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others. The President urges Congress to pass an appropriate national “red flag” law, as well as legislation incentivizing states to pass “red flag” laws of their own. In the interim, the Justice Department’s published model legislation will make it easier for states that want to adopt red flag laws to do so.

The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions. Community violence interventions are proven strategies for reducing gun violence in urban communities through tools other than incarceration. Because cities across the country are experiencing a historic spike in homicides, the Biden-Harris Administration is taking a number of steps to prioritize investment in community violence interventions.

• The American Jobs Plan proposes a $5 billion investment over eight years to support community violence intervention programs. A key part of community violence intervention strategies is to help connect individuals to job training and job opportunities.
  • The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is organizing a webinar and toolkit to educate states on how they can use Medicaid to reimburse certain community violence intervention programs, like Hospital-Based Violence Interventions.
  • Five federal agencies are making changes to 26 different programs to direct vital support to community violence intervention programs as quickly as possible. These changes mean we can start increasing investments in community violence interventions as we wait on Congress to appropriate additional funds. Read more about these agency actions here.
The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking. In 2000, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) issued a report summarizing information regarding its investigations into firearms trafficking, which is one way firearms are diverted into the illegal market where they can easily end up in the hands of dangerous individuals. Since the report’s publication, states, local, and federal policymakers have relied on its data to better thwart the common channels of firearms trafficking. But there is good reason to believe that firearms trafficking channels have changed since 2000, for example due to the emergence of online sales and proliferation of “ghost guns.” The Justice Department will issue a new, comprehensive report on firearms trafficking and annual updates necessary to give policymakers the information they need to help address firearms trafficking today.

The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. ATF is the key agency enforcing our gun laws, and it needs a confirmed director in order to do the job to the best of its ability. But ATF has not had a confirmed director since 2015. Chipman served at ATF for 25 years and now works to advance commonsense gun safety laws.

I just wanted to note, David Chipman worked for ATF for 25 years. And also was one of the main lobbyists for the giffords foundation that lobby for anti-gun laws.

This in itself should be a disqualifying fact in and of itself.

I wonder what the media would have said if President Trump nominated an NRA director for the ATF?

The hypocrisy is without a doubt, another smack in the face to every red blooded American, past, present, or future.

Not to mention, they are wanting to throw multi-billions to anti-gun lobbying places.

david chipman.JPG

No doubt any restriction on pistol braces will generate the same court challenge as the previous one on bump stocks.

Doubt ATF could win this case either!

The question regarding 80% billets is when does a chunk of metal become a firearm?

Maybe they could also answer the question as to when a baby in the womb becomes a human!

Regards

Last edited:
You make some good points Ernst.

They don't care when a baby becomes a human. Nor do they care about our rights or country.

Whatever low hanging fruit they think they can make fly, they will go for. One bite at a time. Take care. Tom Worthington

Do Not Comply!--seriously, no one else is going to... ;)

Trumpy should have cleaned the swamp like he promised, starting with the Justice Dept./FBI. Why the supposed 2A supporter did not nominate a 2A-friendly ATF director to an open seat is beyond me... :rolleyes:

PS: regarding "trafficking", that is a back-door way of saying that all the 4473s are going to be put into a database. THIS is troubling... :eek:

Looks like a bunch of people have disliked the speech that biden and commiela gave today in regards to wanting to kill the 2A. I only include it here because youtube will likely suppress the actual number of dislikes, much like how the election fraud took place.

biden antigun speech dislikes.JPG
Comments are turned off

Edit to add:

I just checked the youtube video again, and low and behold, the "likes" are artificially dropping. It's almost like they are now rigging the youtube votes too.

biden antigun speech dislikes 2.JPG

I think their plan is two fold.

First they throw as much stuff at the wall as they can in the hopes that someting sticks. Anything is a victory as they know its a long term battle. The left always play for the long term.

Second they hope that people violently fight back or snap so thay can justify their false claims about violent unhinged gun owners and drive legislation through.

What concerns me the most is the BATFE, they they can make things 'illegal' simply by changing policy. They have to much power in that regard.

The Red Flag laws are scary as well.

I do not have much confidence in The SCOTUS despite the recent noninations.

Bidens team is doing everything they can to accomplish anything they can without going through the legislature.

Must bite my tongue and patiently bide my time until my retirements checks start coming in.

Get out when you can. I have LEO friends younger than me that are retiring as soon ss they can access their pensions because of how dangerous things have gotten. While I hate to see good officers leave and see communities struggling to keep depts staffed, I understsnd given the current climate.

In my opinion, these over the top initiatives will have little effect on criminal activities or domestic abuse cases.

The most troubling aspect is the misuse of red flag laws from revenge actions by family members or significant others.

What I'd like to see is a federal initiative that would double the normal sentence guidance for any felony conviction in which a weapon was used during the crime.

Regards

Part of the solution (sic) is the community based intervention, I.e., don't lock the criminals up, throw more money at counseling and phony (ghost) job creation. This has been going on for decades led by the same people getting rich off of taxpayers while accomplishing nothing.

Gangs selling drugs where 12-13 year old kids can make a grand a week are not going to be replaced by $10-12/hr jobs. It ain't gonna happen. This is one of the root causes of gun violence in "black and brown" communities and neighborhoods. Then of course we have Hollywood glamorizing these very things on TV and movie theaters. Perhaps banning Hollywood would be a good start.

Personally I don't think any of this has to do with anything other than their long term plan to disarm citizens so we can have one party rule for eternity. I am starting to think I am living 250 years ago.

Yeah, I was thinking a lot of this too.

They're in it for the long haul.

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. What doesn't, wait until another day and repeat until it does.

Incrementalism.

I know that schools often teach their are 3 branches of government. But, in having read and studied the founding fathers notes and letters and such, that is incorrect.

There are 4 branches of government.

Congressional, judicial, executive, and the ultimate power is the citizens themselves. If the citizens do not like a law, they alone have the power to change it even if the first 3 does not.

As I said, gov gets its' power from the citizens. If everyone ignores a law, it becomes: UNENFORCABLE.

If someone is arrested for having an assault weapon and a jury aquits him or finds him not guilty, and this happens repeatedly, eventually, people will stop being arrested for it because they know they'll never get a conviction from it.

There are other ways too of course. But, that's probably not a discussion for today. But they are already throwing around the words:

EXTREMIST
DOMESTIC TERRORISTS

This is the road we are on folks. Like it or not. Agree with it or not. But, this is where we're headed.

Next up, make the Supreme Court the way the left wants it to be. Then there is the matter of making Washington D C and Puert Rico states.

There is no end to their power grab. In my opinion they are willing to risk the very existence of the USA in their quest for power.

. . . cities across the country are in the midst of a historic spike in homicides, violence that disproportionately impacts Black and Brown Americans . . .

You’ll notice that they don’t suggest that we address the most desperate problems first, and thus take guns away from black and brown Americans.

I don't believe that is the answer caddmann.

The government also took guns away from my native american ancestors too, and ended up trying to all but kill them to take their land.

So, no. I would never advocate taking any Americans guns away.

They could get tough on gang violence though. I'd support that without question.

But the politicians probably would fear reprisal for it. And, felons can't vote anyway.

Back