• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

US Army wants new subgun

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
My how things have went full circle.

Just 10 years ago, almost everyone was saying how worthless submachineguns were. I've heard the words Obsolete, inadequate, antiquated, weak, and a host of other negative adjectives to describe submachineguns.

For years, I have been saying that they excel at a lot of things as long as you know the physical limitations. They're not long range sniper rifles. They can be very quiet. Average ammo capacity. More lightweight than many other weapon types. Well suited for crew served and specialized loadout gear, etc.

Well, looks like the Army is asking for a new submachinegun. And with all of the various offerings these days, couldn't be a better time to do it.

CZ is in the process of making a US manufacturing plant. Beretta has one. Colts and a half dozen AR9 clones thereof. Keltec. Sig Sauer. H&K will no doubt throw their hat in the ring. And I'm sure there will be others.

Army is looking for select fire, ability to attach suppressors, capability to use various 9mm bullet loads, ambidextrous, ability to attach gizmos, etc.

Maybe I wasn't so crazy. Just maybe pistol caliber carbines still have a place at the table after all. Here's the article, which also has other links you can follow to further information.

Enjoy guys.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...for-its-first-new-submachine-gun-in-75-years/

With this being a new announcement, I wasn't sure if CZ was aware of it or not yet, so I took the liberty of emailing Alice Poluchova to the various links, including the info for the person who was tasked as the primary source of contact (Tariq Miakhel)

https://www.fbo.gov/index.php?s=opp...82b0fac491f6e5599acd98a7129&tab=core&_cview=0

I'm certain that with CZ announcing an reflex suppressed Scorpion, they would jump on this.

966EA45B-7D91-4EDF-9936-9D9DA46DBDE0-660x346.jpeg

When they do adopt a new one, I'd be willing to wager they go with 9mm. Maybe 45ACP, if they are thinking suppressed. Take care. Tom Worthington

Yeah, I don't see that happening. They have too much re-work to do.

Magazine capacity--all new mags

Barrel threading

Full auto stuff.

NK is threatening to cancel due to the navy and SK doing their yearly war games.

I really hate the term assault rifle.....
I don't mind Assault Rifle if the term is not misused. The Army defines it as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges."

What I hate is the term "assault weapon" which is used by the left to mean "anything I don't like and I won't let you have."

Their "assault weapons" include AR-15 and my favorite, the Street Sweeper.
th

[That is not me. Scoop]

Pretty cool to see the Zenith In there. I've gazed longingly a pics of the z5p, for several years now.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they're built on German tooling/contract.

From my experience, the Turks make some really good guns. To date, I own 4 now.

Back