• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

USA Today video response to less lethal comment

Awesome video!

Boom. What melon.

What these idiot turds don't know is that the contact distances mass shooters use is extremely close. Shotguns are extremely effective at close range with buck shot. And messy. The crime scene would be horrific.

That aspect actually really got to me when I hit the melon. After all, we’re talking about the murder of children. I get why the topic is emotional and the result of the shotgun blast was graphic. Even if only a melon. The shotgun is a sledgehammer.

All this does is convince them that shotguns don't serve a purpose for hunting. [rolleyes]

Trying to appeal to the senses of idiots will never be fruitful.

So then what? Stop trying to reach people? Stop trying to produce accurate information?

The point here, which you know as well as anyone, firearms are deadly serious. Firearms, all of them, are designed to kill. Period. I’m not going to dance around that.

We know that a ban on “assault weapons” won’t end violence or school shootings or any kind of use of firearms in the commission of a felony, that these things will continue after any gun reform as they call it. And then they will go for the next thing. That will be auto pistols, pump action shotguns, bolt action rifles... who knows but they will go after all of them. There’s no reason not to face any of this head on and be upfront and honest on every level.

For USA Today to suggest that shotguns are somehow less lethal, is actually quite dangerous. Very much in the way some people (even gun people) will say that a .22 rimfire cartridge is little more than a BB gun. It’s still a gun. It’s still deadly.

To me, it’s kinda like when people say you can hunt with an AR. Of course you can. Is it high powered? Because we’ve been long making the point that a .223 is not. We’ve sometimes rhetorically asked why ban an AR when there are far more powerful firearms. Like shotguns for example.

John, I’ve been all over this for the last few months. I’ve spoken with a few different campaigns of people running for office and I’ve even had some contact me unsolicited. I’m not gonna sugar coat anything. If they’re successful with any new legislation, they will try for more and before long, they will indeed decide a shotgun has no sporting purpose. No one will need that kind of fire power.

Point is, every firearm is designed to kill. Every one of them is dangerous. Why should we not be honest about it and more importantly, honest with ourselves?

I'm not sure what you think that we're not being honest with ourselves about.

Since we're being honest about things, they don't care about the truth.

They don't care about facts.

They're perfectly content remaining stupid because their emotions blind them to truth and they continue to feed on their echo chambers every time they look at the TV and their social media friends also help reinforce their stupid notions.

There is no reasoning with them because they don't want to be reasoned with. They think they're right and everyone else is wrong and nothing is going to change that. It's the way it's been for more than some of their lifetimes.

Stupidity and ignorance is a helluva drug apparently. And a lot of money flowing to keep it that way.

You really want to change things?

Stop the money flowing that is lying to people with constant negative barrages to further their psy-op agenda.

In as much as I’ve talked with people, I’m finding there are many more people in the middle who truly value being educated and they value the truth over what they’re being told to believe.

Let’s say we here are on one end of the spectrum. The type of people you’re describing, whether media or Hollywood types or whoever is pushing stricter controls, are on the other end. There is vast swath spread throughout the middle ground who are being pulled in more than one direction and we are all continually and purposes being divided so that we never meet. There are a lot of very open minded people who are becoming resentful for being lied to over and over again. There are moderate republicans who are willing to cave. And at the same time, I’m finding many moderate liberals who actually value the 2nd Amendment and the truth. They are finding they’re being lied to to keep them towing the party line. They would rather learn the painful truth than to be spoon fed and have any of us sugar coat anything having to do with firearms and more and more, they’re falling on the side of truth.

I don’t know if it’s enough. But I do know what happens if we sit here on our hands and do nothing because we’ve decided none of them are worth even talking to. Right now a lot of people are looking for answers and honesty.

What happens if we never try and counter even the simplest things like raising the required age limit? What if we never say this proposal (which is actually being enacted in some places) wouldn’t have addressed this most recent shooting? What happens if we never ask what the actual F is USA Today talking about when they say this shooting Friday wasn’t as bad because the firearms used were less lethal? What happens if we never point out that the CDC has buried for years eveidence of the good guy with a gun theory? What happens if we never point out that an armed safety officer stopped a school shooting a few weeks ago with no injuries to anyone other than the would be assassin? So many things that need to be countered and there are some people who are willing to listen.

I’ve talked to so many people I swore I wouldn’t waste another breath on this stuff. Just ready to walk away. But then a few things began to happen. I had people reach out to me. Some otherwise rather liberal people. And others began to pick up on the information I’ve been sharing and educating themselves so they can more effectively reach people.

John, I’m tired of this. I want to quit trying. But I won’t as long as anyone is listening.

They're not going to quit trying either. Talk time has already reached the point of diminishing returns. Crap has been going on for more than 25 years already. They have ramped up the rhetoric since Trump was elected, and realistically, way before and in my opinion to further divide the country any way they possibly can.

They're the ones who keep digging and prodding. They divide over "race", police, lgbt bs, equality (I'm talking more about legal equality then racial equality at the moment) and any little thing they can. It's not just about guns, it's down to the basic fundamentals and they're not going to stop there.

I'm going to bow out of the conversation because I don't want you to think that I'm trolling because I'm not. I guess after fighting the tide for as long as I have, I have gotten tired of talking about it. I've accepted the fact that they're going to do whatever they're going to do.

Read your Bible Rossignol. It has all the answers. That's what's you're ultimately fighting against. And it's not going to get any better. Prepare while you can. Be ready when it's time. That's about all I've got to say about that.

@John A.

There's the hard left that knows the truth and willfully and deceitfully ignores it or manipulates it. Then there's the fence sitters who had no idea the media has been intentionally lying about the topic.

I was a fence sitter on guns up until a decade ago. Then I jumped in and researched the truth. I've red-pilled a few people I know and they have bought guns or at least got their pistol license (NY BLOWS I know). I have another I'll be working with on how to operate her shotgun and will take her skeet shooting with me in a month or so.

We may be past talks with the koolaid drinkers. But we are still in recruitment phase.

Fight them on the social platform as much as you can. Even if you have to use Arlinski tactics against them (isolate, degrade, mock)

Train, recruit, train some more. Evil comes on its own terms whether you're prepared or not.

We war not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities.

I don’t remember seeing anything about giving up.

If we’re going to give up then why share anything here? Why bother checking in at all except for the circlular self pleasure fest. I’m not coming here for that.

We risk being trapped in our own echo chamber but there’s a whole new generation out there just learning about firearms.

The left is going to use guns as a campaign issue more this year than ever.

Didn't work in 2013, didn't work in 2016... let's see how it works in 2018.

I'd be a little more worried for a couple of reasons on this go around:

1) Republicans are in charge of all branches. Historically in mid terms the American people don't like that and have voted to stack the cards for the minority party

2) Trump has shown he will bow to majority opinion and not his voting base especially with his rhetoric "take the guns first, due process later" shitty comment.

We are on our own to hold people accountable and have to keep our "allies" on a short leash and should tug on it a few times a day to remind them of how they got elected.

Show up. Vote. And be vocal afterwards too.

Didn't work in 2013, didn't work in 2016... let's see how it works in 2018.

I'd be a little more worried for a couple of reasons on this go around:

1) Republicans are in charge of all branches. Historically in mid terms the American people don't like that and have voted to stack the cards for the minority party

2) Trump has shown he will bow to majority opinion and not his voting base especially with his rhetoric "take the guns first, due process later" shitty comment.

We are on our own to hold people accountable and have to keep our "allies" on a short leash and should tug on it a few times a day to remind them of how they got elected.

Show up. Vote. And be vocal afterwards too.

These are the exact reasons I was as involved as I was in the primary process and as a result had candidates campaign staff contact me.

This isn't 2013 or 2016. Half of the various organizations that are pushing for gun control did not even exist 5 years ago.

With the economy doing well and jobs coming back from overseas, plus hopefully a peaceful resolution on the Korean Peninsula, this is shaping up to be an opportunity for Republicans to not only hold seats but even gain seats.

I think trump saying take the guns first and then due process was a direct response to the Parkland Shooter situation. He is not the most eloquent speaker.

I think trump saying take the guns first and then due process was a direct response to the Parkland Shooter situation. He is not the most eloquent speaker.

What is your position of "red flag gun confiscations"?

You know, take the guns - due process later. Republican Governor Scott in Vermont signed it into law.

I'm not in favor of omitting due process. I just happen to think Trump was reacting to the missed signals that should have prevented the Parkland shooting.

Back