• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Velcro side saddle cut-out question

claws

.22LR
I just took possession of my new PG Cruiser with 18.5" breacher barrel. I'm going to try the Velcro shotshell card side saddle system using Industrial Strength Velcro on the receiver. I'll need to cut the Velcro so as not to cover the serial number, and cut some holes for the take-down pins. I'd like to do a neat job of this, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to mark the Velcro for these cuts/holes and the best way to cut the take-down pin holes. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kim

I got some 2" wide industrial velcro at walmart, trimmed to approximate size kept the backing on and trimmed around serial # and pin cleaned the receiver of any possible oils and stuck it to the side. I bought the 7 round esstac shot cards for mine migh buy some more!

http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-Shotgun-Card-p/ess.106.htm

Thanks for the reply, rdm. How did you mark the location for the take-down pin holes and what did you use to cut the holes in the Velcro?

Kim

Howdy @claws .

On my 590 I simply measured and cut out the notch in the Velcro where it would have covered the serial number. Didn't bother with my 930. The Velcro can always be pulled up slightly to reveal the serial number if necessary, so it's not as if it is being defaced in any way. As for the take-down pin holes, I simply cut small slits in the Velcro after the adhesive had a chance to dry and cure. The pins can be pushed through the slits so there is no need to cut circles in the material...

Thanks rdm and LES. I'm sure that I'm making this harder than it needs to be. I have seen some receiver mounted Velcro from some side saddle makers that had serial number cutouts and pre cut pin holes. I was just trying to emulate that nice clean look. I just disassembled my new shot gun and realized that there is only one pin I have to worry about, the pin for the trigger group. The other "pin" is not a pin at all, just a couple of holes that secures the elevator from the inside of the receiver. I'm looking forward to the weather here improving so I can go out and run a few rounds through my new gun.

Thanks again,

Kim

Your welcome just make sure the receiver is clean I used my shot card to figure out how much velcro I needed got out the scissors and cut away!

Back