• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Verticle grip / bi-pod

I see , on Ebay , these vert grips that divide wide open , with extended legs into a bi-pod.
Has anybody got one ?
What do you think of it ?

I read a forum about these (I think it was a S&W forum) and the consensus was that these were "ok" but it gets a bit annoying because the bipod release button is in a bad location and accidentally gets deployed all the time while shooting.
I am looking for an ergonomic foregrip that has a bipod built-in where the battery-storage is usually located, but I can't find a decent one. I found this one but I'm always a little hesitant on the quality of cheaper products from China.
The one most people use is the round grip with the spring-loaded bipod (link), but I'm not sure I'd like the feel of it.
Regards,
~DarthJim

On a side-note... I think member SteveQinKC has the ergonomic foregrip-bipod combo that I mentioned above (it looks identical... even pivots):
SteveQinKC said:
1st Post from New Owner/Member in Kansas City:

Mossberg 715T, 16.5", 25Rd, Adj Stk 290.37 BudsGunShop
Magnifier (EOTech replica) 55.00 DealExtreme
Red Dot (EOTech replica) 50.00 DealExtreme
UTG Foregrip/Bipod 27.00 Amazon
Red Laser/Flashlight 75.00 Amazon
2 - Spare 25Rd Mags 54.00 KYGUNCO.com
UTG Rail Covers 7.95 Amazon
Limbsaver Grip for AR15 8.95 KeepShooting.com
ATI Razorback Butt Pad 17.95 KeepShooting.com
FFL Transfer Fee 25.00
--------
611.22 (prices include all shipping and/or tax)
He says it's a UTG combo, but I've checked all of UTG's products and didn't see it listed. Maybe he can chime in with his experience.

~DarthJim

I've got a FAB Defense T-PPOD...

It's a great idea, but the execution isn't as practical as it should be. The thing is about six and a half inches long and weighs about a half a pound! Don't get me wrong, it works like it's supposed to, but is one heavy, cumbersome SOB. As DarthJim mentioned, the legs are spring loaded and accidentally bumping the release button will send the legs shooting out. The gap in between the sides will pinch the bejeezus outta my hand as well...

I have a GPS-02 grip pod with single light rail sitting in a box just waiting for my upcoming project to ring the doorbell.

Probably would be overkill on a 22LR though.

http://www.grippod.com/

I put this grip/pod on my rifle and like it a lot. You can find them on eBay for about $15.
It works great for bench shooting. You press a button and a spring shoots the legs out.
To return them to the inside of the grip you just pull the legs together and push them back in. Very simple to use.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!q8FCcgbsiJkBQ0RJERQb!~~60_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!q8FCcgbsiJkBQ0RJERQb!~~60_35.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 219
Just got mine in this afternoon. I like the rail on the side.

IMAG1136.jpg

With the magazine in it pivot on the mag. Only thing I didn't like.

Back