• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

<vid> Oregon State Police traffic stop ~ shots fired!!!!

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Man, if this happens to me I pray that I win the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1gYEG1TzBk

The BG died within a minute after getting shot thru the chest; but he died only after he was still highly animated and could have carried the gunfight forward for too long a time when milliseconds really matter.

It's not always about what you carry, or if you are quick and decisive enough, or where your bullets hit. Sometimes even the best you can do and performing well under incoming fire doesn't go far enough fast enough.

If (God forbid) one day I encounter a driver like that at work, I am absolutely determined that I am going to win. I just hope it goes my way.

And if (God forbid) any of you ever face a determined armed adversary... guys, I hope that you have a lot of skill and a bit of luck with you.

Thank GOD the officer survived this.

I pray for your safety nite and that you never have any such encounter on duty, or off...

Just from watching the video, and the news report on another video, it looked to me like the guy was doped up on meth or something. News said 3 others in the car found about 1/2 mile away, driver dead.

Even with a fatal chest shot, somebody on drugs and pumped up on adrenaline takes a while to die. This is why the 1911 was invented. 9mm just don't get it done - assuming that was the officer's duty piece. Glad this trooper is ok.

Back