• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video: Detailed Review of 590A1

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Wanted to do a video of the 590A1 from soup to nuts. This video is 1 hour long but there are quick links in the info section of the video to get you to various points of the 590A1:

How it operates
Differences between the 590A1, 590, and 500
Basic Cleaning
Disassembly
Detailed Cleaning
Oil Points
Reassembly

Hope this helps others out along the way:

The direct link to the video:

click the youtube button on the lower right corner of the embed. This will open up the youtube page and allow you to jump around in the video under the "Show More" section of the youtube page.

Last edited:
Dude, AMAZING!!! This is by far among the most comprehensive videos I have seen yet detailing fit and function of the 590/590A1!

I've watched the entire thging and from start to finish, its thorough and well laid out! I especially like how in the notes its broken down by segments and the times can be clicked on to jump to those individual parts within the video, nicely done and nice touch!

Youre very clear and easy to understand throughout the video as well!

Within this video, youve answered many common questions that come up with new shotgun owners, like how do I disassemble my gun, what do I clean, what do I oil and how much oil? Common questions that folks are sometimes afraid to ask.

I can see this video bein the sort of thing folks will save in their favorites or bookmark to reference later. It may also be influential as folks make a decision between a Mossberg and ???

Anyhow, I really think ya done well!!! Thanks for this man, I'll def refer folks to this video!

Yup, what he said!

I've found a new favorite video link to post when noobs have questions. Nicely done Sir!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I've found a new favorite video link to post when noobs have questions. Nicely done Sir!

YES, EXACTLY! We've all been total nOObs at some point and still are in many ways, this vid will def be helpful!

Thanks guys hope this helps people out going forward. You can see I spent a lot of time in the cleaning aspect of the shotgun. Well you really don't see much in the way of cleaning videos especially when they are actually dirty and I wanted something to help out the noobs (as I am) with the cleaning of the weapon.

Damn good job, pardner. You did a much better job than I could ever do. Very well thought out.

+1 rep point. Wish I could assign more, as this video deserves it!

It took me a few days to get all the way through and I and impressed. Great job! Where was this when i started out? Count me as another that would recommend this. Others I have seen are lame in comparison. If I tried to do that video I would have said "uhhm" about 200 times.

I'd say this video deserves a sticky somewhere... I would say right here in the 590 section, but there are also other parts applicable to most OFM shotguns.

Mike, I'd a said uhm a bunch too, as well as "like" and "uhh, uhh, uhh... *pause* ... uhhhhh"

Rossignol, a sticky is a great idea. I know when I found M.O. the first thing I did was look them over and read them.

I'll go ahead and make it a sticky here.

I really think much of whats in the video will work for the 500/535/590/835's too so I'd like to get some thoughts on moving this to make it more visible.

To the OP how come ya didn't spay down the inside of the receiver with the CLP that you had? That stuff gets into all those little parts and crevasses. And excellent to protect the parts. Not trying to be a ass.

And damn man...my wife would have killed me if I clean any of my guns in the living room. :lol:

LUGI said:
To the OP how come ya didn't spay down the inside of the receiver with the CLP that you had? That stuff gets into all those little parts and crevasses. And excellent to protect the parts. Not trying to be a ass.

And damn man...my wife would have killed me if I clean any of my guns in the living room. :lol:

Because I wanted to show a basic maintenance cleaning and a detailed cleaning. I thought in the basic cleaning section I explained why I didn't actually use the clp. I forget it's a long video.

Wow it's a sticky that rocks!

Water Monkey, I forgot to mention this. From the video I think you love to hear that baby racking as much as I do.

carbinemike said:
Water Monkey, I forgot to mention this. From the video I think you love to hear that baby racking as much as I do.

Nothing says "get off my lawn" better than that sound!

Back