• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video: Detailed Review of 590A1

Glad to see that it came off.

There is also a thick yellowish brown preservative that Mossberg uses to coat the steel during storage. If the substance on your barrel came off, then that might have been it...

So I want my 590a1 to have the wood stock and forend. Where can I find a set that's for the 590a1 I know there are a bunch for the 500 and sorry I've done my research all over and everyone has the same question. Just thought I'd try the actually mossie forum!

Attachments

• 590_Rt.jpg
    590_Rt.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 23
Glad it worked out. It was likely just flux from the soldering process.

The stocks for all Mossbergs of the same gauge are interchangeable.

I.e a 500 stock will fit a 590 which will fit a 835 which will fit a 535...

The only thing that varies is the length of the action bar when sizing the forend

MossbergForends_zps79db1095.jpg

Last edited:
18.5 inch mag tube would be the 6.5-6.75 inch forend correct? I'm guessing the bigger grip would fit the 20 inch mag tube

Sorry I mistyped, it's not the length of the magazine tube but the length of the action bar that the forend affixes to. Regardless of the magazine capacity, you will have to measure the action bar to determine the proper sized replacement part.

Awesome. Many thanks. Helps me with my decision ref getting my first shotgun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to do a video of the 590A1 from soup to nuts. This video is 1 hour long but there are quick links in the info section of the video to get you to various points of the 590A1:

How it operates
Differences between the 590A1, 590, and 500
Basic Cleaning
Disassembly
Detailed Cleaning
Oil Points
Reassembly

Hope this helps others out along the way:

The direct link to the video:

click the youtube button on the lower right corner of the embed. This will open up the youtube page and allow you to jump around in the video under the "Show More" section of the youtube page.
thankyou

WM....

people may not do Facebook. Does the link work for them as well?

I am unsure since I do not have Facebook. I'm sure you could link it up. My wife has linked a few of my home videos from my youtube account on her Facebook.

i did it!

i ordered my first gun and it turns out to be a new in box mossberg 590a1 i believe.
its model number 51415

can i attach a bayonet to it?
which one fits? whats most popular? any favorite website that sells them?

are bayonets sharpened on both sides?

i did it!

i ordered my first gun and it turns out to be a new in box mossberg 590a1 i believe.
its model number 51415

can i attach a bayonet to it?
which one fits? whats most popular? any favorite website that sells them?

are bayonets sharpened on both sides?
Yes you can attach a bayonet to it. I think you can use the M9 and M7 bayonet ? Correct me if im wrong :)

just heard back from mossberg customer service...they just said my model doesnt hold a bayonet because it has a flashlight built into the forend.

Well, the model number didnt ring any bells so i assumed it would take a bayonet. Now looking at the picture of this model number it seems obvious it couldnt.. lol
Personally, i have not seen this model before

10-0135457.jpg

Back