• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video from Shotgun Alley

CaddmannQ

.50 BMG
Well it was a beautiful day to go shooting except for a lot of smoke drifting down from northern fires. I wound up with a headache and called it off early. Because I smoked for over 30 years I don't tolerate smoke very well anymore.

This pic was taken today at the small shotgun range of the Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club. You can see the steel, square, 25-yard target, and the round 50 yard steel Target. On the left side there's a small concrete bunker which houses the clay pigeon launcher.
20171016_093038_resized.jpg

The concrete wall is practically new but the old shotgun rack is pretty rotten . . . Here's the side-by-side and the 12 gauge breacher now wearing walnut furniture. (Thanks again Antimo.)

20171016_100946_resized_2.jpg
The video is about 1 minute long, and it shows me shooting both the 16 gauge side-by-side Sears Ranger, and the 12 gauge Mossberg 500 pump gun.

You don't see much of me because I stood too far from the chain. The yellow log & chain are 25 yards from the square target which is where I should have stood. I also should have put on my damn ear muffs!

I always wear earmuffs or earplugs but I was flustered here because I screwed up my first video by accidentally hitting selfie, and then I short-shucked it embarrassingly on the second video, and I had to make a third one which is what you will see.

In the end I burned three times as many rounds as I had planned, but my guns needed the exercise and so did I.

You can't hear my voice well everywhere and part of what I'm telling you is wrong. Just ignore it. I'm shooting only my own reloads here.

I start out with the 16 gauge and shoot two shells of #2 Buckshot / 13 grains of Hodgdon clays.

Then I shoot two shells of buck & ball, consisting of two #000 Buckshot surrounded by #2Buck / 13 grn Clays.

Then I switch to the 12 gauge and I'm shooting #2Buck over 18 grn of Clays.

Everything has Winchester 209 primers and I had a couple misfires on the side by side which I attribute to not seating the primers well, but there also could have been some shell deformation, because these are all reloads.

Selfie...I can hear the cussin' now !!

( You did stand back far from the 25 yrd line... )

Good Vid CQ...!!

Oh I said some nasty words buddy....
:(
I tend to stand back from the chain because I want to be able to recover my shells easily.

I really want to go back out to the range and do some pattern testing with my different handloads. Unfortunately I have not set up anything, and they don't have anything set up either.

I watched that video again (in my hi-res version which I couldn't post) and you can really tell that I'm shooting a cylinder bore gun in both cases. Even at 25 yards something had to hit the Steel, and there are lots of dirt Puffs around the edges because at that range I'm probably shooting a 2-foot pattern.

Back