• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

video: Me sucking at speed shooting

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Ringing in the new year with some instruction in speed and precision shooting to help increase my scores and decrease my times for the upcoming pistol comp season.

Did a lot of drills which were new and challenging. Did a few really well but when we put the camera on… well all it captured is suckage. Hey, we can all put up our best targets and show how awesome we are… or we can put up suckage knowing you have some things to work on too.

Looking good to me. Keep working the drills and it will come.

Seriously lol.

That range was wacky. High counters but the targets hung low.

Hard knock life being an Oompa Loompa.

From watching the first shot strings, that NY mag capacity sucks. 2 shots in one mag, and 4 in another.
LOL

That was the drill. 2 head shots, reload, 4 body shots... cold no warm up. Assesses shooter's skill being fast and accurate without the luxury of getting in reps.

Well he is shooting a 1911, any more then that and the gun may jam. <runs and hides> ;)

bastard

I am supposed to get a membership for the local pistol and rifle club next month....it is 24/7 indoor shooting pistols

thing is when I was looking into it they do the stuff you been doing

they also do practical rifle and offer training for public and some just member clubs

the womans defensive pistol is free

check it out, tell me what you think

http://www.mrpc.info/

I am supposed to get a membership for the local pistol and rifle club next month....it is 24/7 indoor shooting pistols

thing is when I was looking into it they do the stuff you been doing

they also do practical rifle and offer training for public and some just member clubs

the womans defensive pistol is free

check it out, tell me what you think

http://www.mrpc.info/

Training seems a bit light with a minimum of 50 rounds.

I would think min of 300-500 for training purposes.

Biggest difference I've noticed between my defensive pistol courses and the comps are 2 things:

1) depending on range rules for comps the reloads have to be done with the muzzle pointed forward down range. Defensive classes teaches muzzle to the sky in front of your face to insert the mag while maintaining your eyes in your opponent. I struggle with muzzle forward as you can see in the video.

2) use of cover and concealment. For comps, especially uspsa, it's just run willy nilly and get the hits. IDPA requires reloads behind cover and use cover to shoot but it requires shots on targets in a specific order thus taking out on the fly decisions.

But the plus is you'll learn to draw and shoot a lot faster and make solid hits under pressure.

Back