• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vote for your favorite pocket-size survival kit.

Whose Pocket Survival Kit do you like best?

• VitSports6

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • ripjack13

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mudinyeri

20g
"Philanthropist"
Well, we only had two entries in the Mudinyeri Pocket Survival Kit Challenge, VitSports6 and ripjack13. So, both of you guys are guaranteed to win something! :lol:

Now, it's time to vote. Please vote only once for your favorite of the two. You may vote for your own kit. The voting will be open for seven days.

VitSports6 (entered April 22, 2011)

5642874529_6195b58c09_z.jpg

5642906663_ab94b37337_z.jpg

5642875065_e97241fc1c_z.jpg

Copex Film can
Whistle
LED light
Dozen waterproof matches
2 - 3/4" band-aids
Neosporin pack
2 - Wetfire packs put into one pack.
Tweezers, Shortened to fit
Antiseptic cleansing pack
2 - Alcohol prep pads
Large 2x4" Band-aid
~22' para cord, I made myself
PUR water purifier
Cleansing wipes
2 - 1.5" Moleskin pads

ripjack13 (entered April 24, 2011)

ZB7WEl.jpg

rBt9gl.jpg

DUq17l.jpg

1 tin altoids can........$2.99..walmart
1 hand warmer...99c...walmart
1 clean wipe...99c a package of 10...pratt & whitney
1 packet triple ant biotic...$38.89 a box...office depot... ( i used stuff from this kit for my kit)
1 packet anti burn cream...."see above"
2 iodine pads..."see above"
8 ibuprofen..."see above"
1 large band aid..."see above"
1 small band aid..."see above"
1 2' square of tin foil...$3.38 a box...walmart
1 curved sewing needle...$25.88...sewing kit...walmart
2 fish hooks 1 plain & 1 fly...$2.00...walmart
1 lead weight...idk...my own kit
100' fishing line...idk...my own kit
8 water proof matches....99c...cabelas
1 tweezers...$5.97...walmart
1 AAA flashlight...$14.99...walmart..package of 2
1 compass...$7.00..walmart
1 knife...$13.99...walmart
1 bracelet made from 2 50' 1/4" rope...$22.95..survivalstraps.com
1 shackle...$22.95..survivalstraps.com
1 $100.00 bill...5hrs work...uncle sam
8' duct tape (camo)...$7.99...cabelas
1 rubber band..my junk drawer
1 zip lock baggie...$2.15 a box...big y

Havin a hard time choosin on these! I'll be lookin at each some more before deciding.

Both are well put together!!!

Rossignol said:
Havin a hard time choosin on these! I'll be lookin at each some more before deciding.

Both are well put together!!!

lol I felt the same way! I looked at them, then went to vote and couldn't decide!

VitSports6 said:
I can't believe a couple of newb's have run amok in this challenge :lol:

Sometimes you need a couple newb's to kick the old-timers in the rear! :mrgreen:

thanks for the votes peeps...

keep 'em coming.

Voted, I wish I was around to post up my kit but I have been out traveling.

and i'm sure yours would have rocked!

oh man...if only this little thingee woulda fit...

hoW92l.jpg

Congratulations to ripjack13 and VitSport6 for taking first and second place, respectively, in the Mudinyeri Pocket Survival Kit contest. I guess it's no surprise that you each won something seeing as how I offered up first and second place prizes and there were only two of you. :lol:

Please PM me your shipping information and color choices and I'll get your prizes in the mail.

Mudinyeri said:
Congratulations to ripjack13 and VitSport6 for taking first and second place, respectively, in the Mudinyeri Pocket Survival Kit contest. I guess it's no surprise that you each won something seeing as how I offered up first and second place prizes and there were only two of you. :lol:

Please PM me your shipping information and color choices and I'll get your prizes in the mail.

Congrats Ripjack13 :cool:
Thanks for putting this together.
Its somewhat of a learning process, I generally carry quite a bit of equipment in my vehicles, But with this being so small, I had to think a little harder on what I could use in my area.

I'm glad you participated ... and especially glad that you learned something. Congrats again.

thank you...and congrats to you as well vitsports6.
i learned that it takes a a lot of thought to make one of these. i wasn't just going to throw some crap in there. i actually had a few friends look it over after i was done with it. the aluminum foil was the only addition. (for boiling water!)

hopefully the next contest will have more of a turn out. yes theres only 400+ members here, but i was hopeful that more would participate.

thanks to mudinyeri for putting this together and using his own out of pocket funds.
he is the real winner.

Congratulations to ripjack13 and VitSports6! And to Mudinyeri; thank you for hosting this contest and providing awesome prizes. I look forward to greater participation in the future.

i got the package in the mail over the weekend! woo. it's great. thanx again mudinyeri.....

Back