• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wanting to make some changes.

MDJB12

Copper BB
This'll be kind of a lengthy thread so try to hang in there.

I have a Mossberg 500 deer combo in 12 gauge. I bought it new from Dicks in 2009. I really wanted a synthetic stocked model but he only deer combo they had available had a hardwood stock so I went for that. My gun came with a ported field barrel and a ported, rifled, cantilever barrel. The stock also has two interchangeable cheek pieces. One being a low profile cheek piece that is in line with the rest of the stock (for use with the smoothbore barrel). The other cheek piece is a raised almost Monte Carlo style piece that raises the shooters head, perfectly aligning it with an optic (obv. for use wiht the cantilever barrel).

I use both barrels. I hunt pretty much everything you can with a shotgun. So I really enjoy the interchangeable cheek pieces. What I really want is to get a synthetic stock and forend. Here are my questions. Does Mossberg or any other company make a synthetic stock with the interchangeble cheek pieces?

I don't want to spend a fortune on this. Say $75-$80 for both the stock and fore end.

Here's a pic of my shotgun. You can clearly see the first cheek piece I mentioned.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369668578.580665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369668578.580665.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 128
Re: Wanting to make some changes.

I don't know why the pic uploaded twice. This forum must be different with images than AT.

I'd say keep an eye on eBay or gun broker for stock/forend. I did a quick search for syn. Stocks with cheek riser couldn't find any but found a place called WWW.accu-riser.com offers a cheek pad kit for $35 not bad check em out!

Back